Chapter Five

Chapter five || child author

Every day for the past few months Noah had been coming to my house, helping with my bandages, feeding me and just keeping me entertained in general. Every day he came for breakfast and every day I tell him not to come. Then when I thought he wouldn't come he came at Lunch, he's always coming at the worst times too.

When he first came he had unexpectedly found me climbing up a tree in a dress. The second time I was playing with snakes, I'm happy to say he was completely freaked out, and the third I was dancing in my undergarments. At this point, I just try not to do anything just in case he pays a visit.

I don't mind his company, I've gotten used to it by now but that doesn't mean I've taken a liking to him, it's true I find him more likeable than I did at first but nothing too dramatic and I hope it stays like that for a long~ while.

Today mum plans on taking me to an upper-class tea party, as soon as I heard that the crown prince wasn't going to be there I was more than delighted to go. It wasn't as if I was avoiding him, I just don't want to see him right now... on second thought, that does sound like I'm avoiding him.

The carriage we are riding on stops and the door flies open. We were welcomed by one of the butlers from the house of Calamante. Outside the house stood 3 sisters smiling brightly. Once we are out we were greeted by them.

" Welcome Duchess and Lady Aleah. I am the oldest daughter, Tressure Calamante." The tallest bows.

Then the next, " Hello your grace and Lady Leah I am Miracle Calamante." 

" I am Tiara Calamante, your graces." 

Mum looks at them confused,  " If I recall correctly there are 4 daughters of, are there not?" Four? but there are only 3 right here.

Suddenly a little girl staggers from behind them, she was so cute! White hair, pink eyes. It's almost as if she was snow white but the apple is her eyes. She plays with her fingers, shy maybe?  

She looked like she was around my age, we were roughly the same height too. How are girls so cute in this world? the boys are unexpectedly talented too. Tiara looks at her then nudges her with her elbow.

" Ah I-. I'm Rosiera Calamante yo-your grace...and Lady Aleah." Mum nods smiling.

" It's nice to meet you, I dope hope you get along with my little princess." She introduces me to them, instantly I could tell she was different from her sisters. Instead of putting up an obvious facade, she was being herself.

We head inside the mansion and wow it was gorgeous, of course it's nowhere close to our house but the flower arrangments are just beauitul, and the golden bright curtains that created a dim yellow hall was beautifully laid out.

Mum had already gone off to talk to her friends, This is the first time I've ever been to a tea party, there are fewer kids here than I thought there were. I guess I should try find Rosiera.

****

The tea party continued for an hour and I still haven't seen Rosiera anywhere. I start to explore the mansion in hopes of actually seeing her, she didn't seem like the type to socialize. I continue to wander around when I come upon a beautiful garden. It had flowers of every colour.

Not far from where I was standing I see a girl sitting down and reading a book, could it possibly be... I walk up to her, ' Greg and Rita soared through the sky hand in hand' I read in my head.

" 'Misfit Magic' huh? " I said referring to the book title.

Rosiera suddenly jumps and throws the book towards me. I catch it and read the book title, as I guessed correctly she was reading it. I hand her back the book, she slowly takes it reluctantly. I can understand why she's reading it but why is she alone here?