Chapter Twenty-Three

Chapter twenty-three|| my room

" So this is your room?" Noah asks as he rushes into the room, I follow right behind him.

" Yes, it is, " I answer.

" I've never really invited anyone to my room before, or man per se."

I cleaned the room a bit picking up bits and pieces here and there since I was a little embarrassed about the mess. I would have done something beforehand if I had known previously I was going to be showing Noah my room. Thankfully, he hasn't seemed to mind the mess around the room, I doubt he's even noticed it yet; he too busy looking at my photos and antiques around the room.

Noah turns around his eyes widened in surprise,  a happy surprise, " Actually? and I really the first?" his eyes lit up a wide dashing smile plastered onto his face.

" Of course, who else but you?" I giggled. 

It's true, who else but him? It's not like I would just invite anybody, of course, people have been in and out of this room like Christian however, they don't count because they aren't love interests. Noah and I have also been engaged at an early age so inviting another man would have caused a scandal. Now that I think about it, a scandal would have been a great excuse to break off our engagement. Well, I no longer want to annul the engagement.

I sat on my bed, it creaked a little as it bends. I watched as Noah roamed around the room amused, I didn't know he was going to enjoy this that much. It wasn't something to be excited about, there's nothing outstanding in my room anyway.

" Well, it's not much but help yourself to anything..."  I say as he picks a picture frame and starts to examine it.

" What do you mean? There are so many things to fawn about in your room such as this."

He holds up a toy teddy bear, it was the same one he got me for my 10th birthday. Then he shows me a dress, a present he got me on my 12th birthday. Yes I admit, there are some things to fawn about 

" Who's this person in the portrait with you?" 

He turns around and shows me a photo of a 5-year-old me next to someone holding hands. It looked to be a boy who seemed around the same age as me at the time. I don't have any memories of before I was 8, or before I became Aleah, so I didn't know who it was.

" Um, I don't recognise him, It was taken years ago so I wouldn't remember. But, I'm sure we were very close," it wasn't a complete lie, it's true I didn't know how he was.

Noah places the frame back before walking over and sitting down on the bed beside me. He holds onto my hands and starts to play with it, he hasn't said anything; he's looking at my fingers like it was fragile and could have easily been broken.

His complexion dropped, I didn't know what it is but something I said must have caused this. He couldn't have possibly seen through my lie? No, there's a high possibility he did since Noah has been very quick-witted and smart.

" I'm the only one right? " Noah whispered under his breath.

I couldn't hear him properly even though he was right next to me. His fingers stop playing with mine and he looks at me directly in the eyes; he was being serious right now. His oceanic blue eyes were filled with a hint of sadness as he looked at me.

" I'm the only one right now and there's nobody else you're interested in, right? You're not going to leave me for him, right?" He says again with an insistent tone this time.

I was bewildered by the fact that thee Noah Salvatore is jealous right now, and this is of someone I don't even know; not to mention of a 5-years-old kid, for all I know he could be dead already. I'm beginning to consider that this is man is the type to constantly need reassurance.