Chapter Thirty One

Chapter thirty-one || the location

Noah's P.O.V

I quickly rush to the drawing-room in the main building. Just a second ago I was in the Garden looking at the flowers and how the golden roses reminded me so much of Aleah. I was there for a breather; I'd been so exhausted lately but I can't stop, not when I haven found Aleah.

In the mids of smelling a flower, as it reminded me of Aleah's golden hair, a maid rushed over to me. She was in a panic as if something urgent just happened.

' You're Highness! Fernand told me to inform you that someone has proclaimed to know where Her Highness Lady Aleah is!"

I ran into the room and see everyone already there. Rosiera, Christian and Jackson sat on the sofa while Fernand and a kid were standing by the fireplace; must be the kid they were talking about. Their eyes immediately turn towards me.

" You're Highness!" Fernand walks over to me and bows, I nod in reply making my way to the kid.

He was dressed in ragged cloth, it was dirty, ripped and looked to be extremely old. The fact that he'd been wearing it for a long time, if this is a trap, how could they have treated such a small kid this way.

Well, who cares. Kid or no kid his companions kidnapped Aleah and took her away from me. I will never forgive them for it!

I grabbed his shirt and picked him up by the collar. He squirmed trying to break free from me, his eyes squint in pain. Everyone stood on their feet surprised, I looked at them then at the little boy.

They should have expected much, I don't understand why they reacted like that. I thought they'd have a more aggressive approach too because this is the fastest way to get information out of him.

" Where is she?"

I didn't mean to but my voice came out loud and hostile. This causes the kid to flinch in my arms his head cowers down. His small and vulnerable body made me feel slightly guilty for him. But, he is going to tell me where she is if it's the last thing I do. I wouldn't mind getting hands-on either.

" I-...She-" It's only been a couple seconds but I feel my patience already running out.

" SAY IT!"

" Hey! Your Highness, this isn't the way to go." Christian managed to pry the kid away from me, Rosiera grabbed onto me holding me back.

The kid quickly hides behind Christian, Christian's built completely shadowed him. I looked at his boney arms; he was malnourished, his hair was musty and oily; his lips paled into a blueish-purple. His stick-like figure trembled in my presence. Clearly, this boy meant no harm, instead I scurried over to him in such a dishonorable manner.

I looked at Rosiera who desperately tried to pull me back, the fear in her eyes made me realize that I shouldn't have let my emotions get the better of me. I started to calm down knowing what I just did was wrong.

Fernand sits me down on the Sofa next to Jackson. Things start to settle down. Everyone else takes a seat making sure they're comfortable. The kid sits beside Christian, he felt more protected the closer he was to him. The kid looked to be 13 years old. Just how on Earth did such a small child get muddled into this mess?

" My Lady... needs your help." Everyone was caught off guard.

" This isn't some trap you're plotting with that group are you?"

Who looked over to see who it was. It was Jackson, after so long he onky says somsthing now? But, well he does have a point. This kid could be a spy or a trap working, his weak appearance could have been used to mislead us. It just looks like Jackson is ready to kill the kid though, his eyes darked as he glared at the boy. He seemed ready to uncover his sheath the second he found the kid suspicious. And here I thought I was a little over dramatic.