☘️Book 27☘️

Bumper Cars
By bookowl1234

Cover: 5/5

Beautiful. I love the cover and can't expect any better.

Blurb: 4/5

It's good but I would have liked it if was more focused on describing that giving a teaser of a future scene.

Chapter 1: 8/10

The starting of the chapter felt somewhat, mainstream.

It's okay to start like that but not the best way.

I'd have liked it more if you gave a prologue before starting the actual book and honestly, it would be so amazing to know a tiny about whatever happened yet know nothing.

Like, you could have made a prologue where you showed a scene where Aisha, Ben and their dad had the accident and just that scream or terror. It ended on a cliffhanger.

And the first chapter starts in the workplace. I suggest you not describe her family or condition on the very first chapter.

Vocabulary/grammar: 8/10

The vocabulary is minimalistic and although that's okay, the usage of a wider range of vocabulary intrigues the reader more.

You have to watch out for your typos. Each and every chapter had many typos and that buggs me so much.

Character Development: 8/10

Haven't really spotted much character development.

Storyline/plot: 17/20

It's a love story and feels very mainstream. It's fine to have such stories. There's nothing as such to change.

The abusive mother after dad died thing is the most cliché part. I think that could be altered a little.

Enjoyment: 18/20

I did enjoy the overall book. Romance isn't my direct genre but the book wasn't a disappointment. It's worth the time but needs editing.

A proofread can get that done.

Impression: 18/20

Total=86/100

I apologise for the late response
And hope that you didn't find anything too harsh.

Thank you for choosing me as your reviewer.