PART TWO: CHAPTER 1 (31)

A YELLOW LEAF flew delicately through the open window of the classroom, floating softly onto the empty desk at the back left corner. This desk had been vacant for months, a tiny film of dust had collected on the graffitied surface. The chair was slanted to the right, as if someone had left it for just a moment.

Students sat at all the other available desks, a new school year was in session and they giggled quietly as to not advert the teacher's attention.

The teacher turned to her students, a gentle smile on her face as she placed her hands on her desk. "This next assignment, some of you might find a bit clichè."

The students tuned in, curiosity evident in their eyes. "You are going to be writing a paper about love and the importance it has on your life."

The majority of the class groaned, while a few love sick students giggled to themselves, excited to paint their hearts out on paper as they retrieve their writing utensils from their bags.

Jimin sat next to the empty desk in the back of the class, his pencil tapping lightly against the edge of the wooden surface.
What was love to him? He's never been in love from what he remembers. He just supposed that the right girl has never crossed his path just yet.

When he thought of the word love, he wanted to think of his parents. The way they'd look at each other with soft eyes and held hands under the kitchen table during dinner. When you look at them the only thing you see is love, like the young and restless kind that you only see in the movies. But it hasn't been like that in almost 3 years.
His father was gone, buried 6 ft into the ground while his mother drowned herself in alcohol and her own self pity.

As far as Jimin knew, love only resulted in heartache, overdose, and alcoholism.

Maybe this paper will be harder to write than Jimin thought.

"I'm sorry I'm late."

The class looked up and watched intently as a pale boy with dark brown hair and stars in his eyes walked through the classroom and to the seat next to Jimin by the window. The boy didn't seem to mind the tiny film of dust on the desk. He pulled out his books and placed them carefully on the flat surface in an attempt to not gain anymore attention than he had when he walked in.

His skin was pale, a healthy and almost moonlight glow radiated from his face. Slightly curled brown hair placed itself gently against the boy's bare forehead just above the cat-like eyes that sat elegantly in their sockets. His nose was small and flat to his face, sitting there almost like a button on a dress shirt. It lead to the thin, pink lips that graced his face and parted slightly as his gaze sharpened towards the notes on the board. The boy grabbed his pencil and jotted down the words on the board and Jimin watched as his tongue poked out of his mouth in concentration.

He found the boy's presence quite alluring, almost like a siren trying to whisk away men at sea.
And if his heart lurched slightly, clawing at his rib cage in the direction of the boy beside him, he chose to ignore it.

•••

Chapters will vary in length. But here's the first chapter so you can have a taste of how this story is gonna go.
-h

Words: 595