15// I Can Carry the Pain

Ben woke up the next morning to Violet lashing around violently in her sleep. She was whimpering and tears were streaming down her face.

Ben's heart ached as he helplessly watched her. What hurt the most was that every once in a while Violet would whisper Ben's name.

Violet was having a nightmare about Ben.

Ben let the nightmare go on for a few minutes before the tears had soaked her pillow and her whimpers were turning into screams.

He rubbed Violets back gently and she flinched away, not waking. "Violet," Ben cooed. He shook her gently and she winced again, this time she was awoken.

She quickly retracted from Bens touch and Ben sighed, defeated. Everything that they had amassed was down the drain. He had lost all of her trust again, even if he didn't mean to.

Violet sat on the edge of the bed and examined her arms. She was looking for the bruises and cuts that had been inflicted on her in her slumber, but they weren't there. They were a figment of her imagination.

A chill went down Vi's back just simply thinking about the dream and she quickly walked out of the room, not wanting to talk to Ben.

She started fixing breakfast for the two of them by simply putting four waffles in the toaster and the pouring two glasses of milk.

Ben walked in right as Vi was done fixing breakfast and Ben sat down at the table. He was trying to get Violet to make eye contact with him, but was failing.

The atmosphere was much like it was when Ben first arrived here and Ben didn't like that.

The fact that Violet's eyelashes were thick with tears because of him made his heart break.

He was going to do anything he could to fix what he had done to hurt her.

***
{Title from Break Down the Walls by Asking Alexandria}

I could've gone to bed but I stayed up to write this for you guys because I love you guys and you guys are literally the best xox. Soo, I hope you guys like it!

and again.... ily guys. xo