8// Breathless

Ben heard Violet's breathing even out and he realized it was almost midnight. He turned the TV volume down and pulled a blanket over her trying not to wake her.

As Ben watched the TV screen he found himself not able to keep his eyes open either; and fell asleep.

~*~

Violet woke up to light gleaming through the sheer curtains of her living room.

She yawned, stretched out, and screamed as her foot suddenly hit someone's leg.

She realized she was wrapped in Ben's arms as she looked at the couch from the floor she had fell onto.

He stirred a little and his sleep and suddenly grabbed her arm that was left lying on the couch, and turned around.

Violet complied, as she didn't have much of a choice and pulled the blanket back over them and wrapped her other free arm around Ben's waist.

~*~

Ben was the first to actually wake up in the morning and found himself waking up with his arms around Vi's back, with her face against his chest.

He breathed deeply through his nose and checked the time.

It was two in the afternoon and he was still in bed; well, in couch.

He listened as the clock ticked and if you listened closely you could her gunshots reverberating through the air.

Mostly, though, Ben was content just laying there.

He barely knew the younger girl that somehow ended up in his arms this morning, yet he was fascinated by her.

He was fascinated by the way a bullet scraped her arm and she barely even cried.

Fascinated by the way she had weapons hiding around her house, the way she can yell at him when he's being a prick (which was a lot), the way she lost all of her family but still managed to get through the days.

He fascinated by everything about her.

And he found himself wanting to know her more.

---

{Title from Breathless by Asking Alexandria}

I'm (was) with dissin-the-booty on the bus. You should read her story. (Especially if you're a Marvel fan)

Anywayyyy, please vote and comment.

I love you guys. xo

(p.s. I might update again today because it's a snow day, North Carolina sees one snow flake and school is cancelled for a year smh)