1// The Tainted Clock is Counting Down

Violet ran inside of her home as thunder was heard rumbling from above. Rain was cascading down her face, soaking her.

She shut the door quickly and locked
it before she walked into the kitchen sitting the groceries on the counter and placing her hand on her heart.

She heard the gunshots, everyone hears the gunshots.

Gunshots are impossible to miss.

The war was getting closer and closer to Violets house. Unable to get away from the noises and with no one to hold her, she sat alone most nights and listened to vinyls she used to dance to when she was younger.

There was a knock on her door.

She froze.

No one, no one, went to anyone's houses for something good.

Robbers, military, and criminals were the only people that went to other people's houses.

When she didn't answer the knocking persisted, only louder this time.

She crept to the door and carefully unbolted it, her hand on the pocketknife taped to her back- safety precautions.

"Miss Violet Winterstead?" The man decked in camouflage sporting a bald head, asked. She nodded slowly, her hand still clutching the knife.

He pushed forward a boy who looked about Violet's age. Twenty.

"This is Ben Bruce and he will be living with you."

****
{Title credit is a line from Asking Alexandria's song The Final Episode (Let's Change the Channel)}

I hope you guys like it and if you didn't sorry it should get much better in a few chapters.

please, please vote and comment because that would mean a lot to me!

I love you guys.