7// A Single Moment of Sincerity

Violet woke up the next morning and instantly regretted it.

Her head was pounding and she didn't want to have to deal with Ben today.

Violet rolled out of bed and pulled her long black hair into a pony tail, and pulled up her sweatpants, as she tugged at her tee shirt to make sure it was fixed properly.

"Good morning." Ben chirped from the kitchen. He was sat at the table eating a bowl of Cheerios, still in his pajamas as well.

"More like bad morning." Violet groaned, grabbing a bottle of medicine from the cabinet.

"What's wrong?"

"Migraine."

"Lay down." Ben commanded dragging her back to her room.

"Ben I-" Violet tried to protest.

"No. I'm taking care of you."

Ben walked out and you could hear cabinet doors opening and closing as Ben tried to find items that could lessen the younger girls pain.

He found a wash cloth and ran cold water over it and found a coke from the bottom of the fridge.

"Here." Ben whispered as he walked into Violet's room.

He drew the blinds and turned off her lights so she could go back to sleep.

"If you need anything else, just yell, okay?" Ben said placing the cold cloth on her forehead.

"Ben," Violet said, catching Ben's wrist and wrapping her slender fingers around it. "Thank you, it means a lot to me."

Ben just smiled and nodded as he stared at her hand on his wrist. He watched as she dropped her hand and closed her eyes.

Her touch lingered as he left the room.

~*~

It had been a few hours since Violet had fallen asleep leaving Ben to find the remote to the decently sized television that was near the kitchen.

In the midst of watching dramatic reality TV shows America seems to be so fond of , screams erupt from Violets room.

Ben stumbled down the hallway, his heart pounded rapidly, hoping the girl was okay.

"I-I'm sorry I had a nightmare." Violet whispered, placing a hand on her chest as she continued panting.

"Are you okay?" Ben asked walking over to the girl and taking her hand in attempts to comfort her.

Of course, this didn't work very well as she flinched at his touch.

"Y-yeah." She continued to stammer.

Ben left the room as Violet sat in her bed staring at the wall as she tried to recover from the nightmare.

When Violet couldn't seem to sleep she stumbled into the living room where Ben was sat watching TV.

"Hey," Ben whispered smiling at Violet, "Come 'ere." He patted the spot next to him on the couch.

Violet complied and sat down next to him.

After a few minutes of sitting there Violet felt her eyes getting heavy and she let her eyes close as she let her head rest on Ben's shoulder.

~~~~~
{Title from Asking Alexandria's song A Single Moment of Sincerity}

Okay well here's an update.

My cat died yesterday so the updates for my books might be kinda wacky so please be patient.

I love you guys.. xo