2// Stand Up & Scream

Violet sighed and ran a hand through her black hair. She just nodded and grabbed the papers from the man escorting the soldier who was being quartered in her house.

The man left and the house stayed silent for a while as Violet put away her groceries and 'Mister Ben Bruce' just sat on a stool. Watching her.

"So, tell me about yourself." Violet jumped at the deep British accent that had finally rang through her ears.

She placed a hand to her chest trying to calm down after her heart palpitations the random voice had just given her.

"My name is Violet. I am twenty and all of my family is dead. Tell me about yourself." She breathed, not in the mood for small talk.

"My name is Ben. I'm twenty-four and all of my family is in England." Ben replied, frowning.

Violet nodded, "Good to know."

"Someone's happy."

"Look, it's," Violet glanced at her watch, "Five thirty. How about we just have some dinner and then go to bed, okay?" She snapped.

Ben's eyes darkened as he stood up and grabbed Violet's collar. "Look, I'm not too happy about being here either so let's just do our own things and then part ways as unlikely friends, okay?"

Violet whimpered slightly, but nodded nonetheless. Ben was shocked when he noticed he was frightening the younger girl and quickly let go of the crumpled fabric of her shirt.

"Sorry, forget I said anything." Ben whispered, looking into the girls eyes.

Violet ignored the comment and pulled out noodles and filled a pot with water.

"Spaghetti?" The British accent asked again. Violet nodded scared to answer.

Scared to hear her weak voice.

Ben set some plates and forks in the table as Violet was finishing up the spaghetti.

As Ben was scooping out some spaghetti Violet observed him closely, taking in his appearance. He had a lip ring and brown shaggy hair with some tattoos and ripped skinny jeans.

"You don't, um, you don't look like someone who would be in the army." Violet squeaked.

Ben laughed showing off his white teeth and shook his head, "I don't feel like I should be in the army. Honestly."

"What did you used to do, before you were a soldier."

"I was in a band."

Vi almost choked on her spaghetti. "A band?"

Ben sighed and nodded. "Asking Alexandria."

---

{Title Credit goes to Asking Alexandria's album Stand Up and Scream}

Three cheers for crappy updates. The chapters should be getting a little longer. I hope you guys like this story!

If you guys could vote and comment it would mean a lot to me! Thank youu!