18// Real World

Violet shoved the last few pieces of clothing into her backpack and grabbed Ben's hand.

"Come on." Violet said, slipping on a pair of Converse.

Ben, who also had a large backpack on grabbed a flashlight and followed Violet out the door. It was midnight and everything surrounding them was pitch black.

The flashlight flicked on and Vi directed them towards the woods.

Ben only had two days left with Vi, and Violet wasn't going to just let him leave with out putting up a fight.

"So are you ever going to tell where you're taking me?" Ben asked as Vi gracefully jumped over a creek; Ben stumbling slightly as he mimicked her motions.

"If i don't tell you does it count as kidnapping?" Violet asked as she continued to skip over the numerous twigs.

"Well, no-"

"Then no, it's a surprise." Violet said turning around abruptly to face Ben.

Her cold and slightly dirty hands were placed on Ben's cheeks as she stood on her tip-toes and kissed his nose before continuing on the path only she knew.

"So, will you at least tell me how far away this place is?" Ben asked.

"We should be there by tomorrow night."

"Are you serious?"

"Do you want to sleep?" Violet retorted, Ben nodded. "Then yes- tomorrow night."

"So why again did we have to leave in the middle of the night?" Ben interrogated once again.

"Wow you're just full of questions."

"And you're full of answers."

"I've noticed people watched the homes during the day recently so I figured it was best to leave at night, plus it gives us more time to leave." Violet explained hiking over more fallen leaves.

They came to a relatively clear area in the woods and placed their backpacks on the leaf infested ground. Ben pulled out a large bag and started setting up a tent while Violet held the flashlight and sang songs to herself.

"All done!" Ben exclaimed throwing his hands up in the air in victory.

"Yay!" Vi squealed standing up and wrapping Ben in a giant hug, "I'm proud of you!" she quickly kissed his lips before grabbing a large blanket from her bag and climbing in the tent.

Ben climbed in shortly after, after he had made sure there was no danger lurking in the shadows of the night. Violet was already wrapped up in the large wool blanket and shaking.

"You okay, love?" Ben asked as he sat laid down next to her.

Violet nodded, "I'm cold."

Ben knew that she was lying and she was scared about what their fate was, and wrapped his arms around her waist, still attempting to warm her supposedly cold body. Her shaking subdued a bit and Ben's eyes drifted close.

****

Wow this is horrible but, I haven't updated in a month or so... So this is just short and not very good. The remainder of the chapter are probably going to be shorter but hopefully they will be good! I hope you guys liked the update!

I love you guys!!
xox, ree