14// It's Hard Just To Be Strong

Ben's lip ring was cold against Violet's lip, but Violet didn't mind. The song from the record player seemed a mile away from where her and Ben were,
to Violet it seemed like this wasn't reality.

Violet didn't want to go back to reality, but when Ben started pulling away from the kiss; the record player was no longer a mile away, and Violet was in reality again.

She didn't know where the sudden fondness of Ben came from, but she didn't mind it. It was nice to have someone to talk to; someone she felt mildly safe around.

"Can you sing me a song?" Violet whispered burying her head in Ben's chest. She smiled as his scent surrounded her.

"What?" Ben whispered, running his fingers through Violets hair.

"A song; from when you were in a band."

Ben nodded and thought of the tune from Someone, Somewhere. He was good at singing, but he hadn't sung in so long, his voice was raspy.

Ben skipped the beginning chorus and went straight to the first verse, "It was you that told me I could do this. You put the music in my heart. And how you sang with the band in Memphis. It's hard just to be strong," Violet's eyes fluttered closed as Ben sang. The lyrics were beautiful, and Ben's voice complimented them perfectly.

"Even though I'm on my own, I know I'm not alone. 'Cause I know there's someone, somewhere, Praying that I make it home. So here's one from the heart, My life right from the start. I need a Home sweet home to call my own," As Ben sang the last few verses of the song he looked down at Violet who was smiling with her eyes closed.

Ben sighed and ran his fingers through Vi's long hair, "The song was beautiful, Ben." Violet whispered making Ben's heart skip a beat.

"Thank you, my love."

Ben's hand absentmindedly brushed through the tangles in Vi's hair and Violet tightened her grip around Ben's torso.

She was afraid if she didn't hold on tight enough she would lose him.

***
{Title from Someone, Somewhere a Ben Bruce Acoustic}

wow this is really short and probably really bad but I probably won't update again until Saturday
(dissin-the-booty 's birthday) or so and then my updates will be faster, hopefully, because I won't be in school.

ily guys xo