Chapter 26: Mating Ceremony

Mateo

Be obsessively grateful.

Today was the day of the mating ceremony. Today was the day that we are going to become 'official' in the eyes of the pack members. To us and our friends and family we have been official for almost two years. In regards to the whole pack rules and regulations, we only become official when we take part in the mating ceremony.

It was a ritual that was going to take some time. It's not like a wedding ceremony at all, but to the pack it is us getting married. The days leading up to the ceremony; I was very physically close to Malia. Doing everything that I wanted to as long as she was comfortable and she wanted to do those things that I wanted to.

She's a very respectful mate, and she's very open-minded. She was able to give me small marks, more a couple of hickies than a mark, but it was more than fine. It was cute, and I loved seeing her get mad when they started to heal due to my werewolf healing ability.

Malia got dressed in a short white off the shoulder dress that fell towards her mid-thighs. Her hair was up in a ballerina bun. She had minimal makeup on and she had a flower headband on as well. She looked like a literal goddess. Any nerves that I had gone out the door the moment I saw her.

She walked over to me and fixed the collar of my shirt. I wasn't supposed to get all dressed up because I am supposed to be one with nature. I'll be shifting for a minute and so it's easier without a lot of layers to avoid complications.

She took my face into her hands, looking all over my face as if making sure I was real. I leaned down and captured my lips with hers. Assuring her that I am real and everything is going to be okay.

"I love you dolcezza." I told her.

"I love you Teo." She replied. We kissed again before making our way out of the room. We headed downstairs and went towards the garage. Once we got there, we climbed into my Jeep and we drove off to my childhood house. It was a forty-five minute drive from our house. I held her hand with my free hand and we were in a comfortable silence. Neither one of us had the strength to talk due to the nerves we were feeling.

I got nervous again as we approached the house.

I wasn't worried about something bad happening, I was worried someone would say something that would bother Malia.

I know she's a strong woman, but the pack members have a tendency to be extremely rude to people they don't 'like'.

Especially with humans.

I didn't want them to say anything.

They shouldn't say anything.

I'm their alpha.

She's their Luna.

It doesn't matter what they think.

She's strong.

We got this.

I pulled up to my childhood house and instantly the memories came rushing into my head. I didn't really have a normal childhood. It was surrounded by love and fun times, but as soon as my father died everything changed. It changed so fast that I wasn't able to catch my breath. To take a break. Not until Malia came into my life and she reminded me that I needed to take a break, to breathe or I will wear myself out.

Malia placed her hand on my bicep, doing the thing she knows how to do the best. Calming me down. Reminding me that she is right by my side and reminding me that I need to breathe. I did, I let out a breath that I didn't even realize I was holding.