Chapter 25: Wedding Planning

Malia

Everything gets better. This is not your ending.

When I was younger and I used to dream about my wedding, I would be getting married to my boyfriend of three years and we'd be so in love. Mateo and I may not have been dating for three years, but we are so in love. It's not like everything I once dreamed about is going to happen exactly. People change and things change.

I looked down at my engagement and smiled. It was officially time to plan my wedding. Mateo and I have been officially dating for a year and a half. Mateo sat on the couch by me. Everyone was here, from my siblings to James and his siblings. His mother opted out of wedding planning because she 'wanted to be surprised'.

"So I was thinking we do the wedding in Malibu." I announced.

"Whatever you want, dolcezza." He told me.

"Not whatever I want. You're not getting out of this. You are just a part of this wedding as I am." I said, looking at him. They laughed.

"I just want to get married to you. I don't care if we get married in the cemetery." He explained. I smiled at him.

"You are sweet baby, but still." He chuckled putting his arms up in defense.

"Malibu it is." Elizabeth said writing it down on paper.

"What's your theme?" Andrea asked,

"Bohemian beach." I answered.

"Yeah, she's told me that like a thousand times since we got engaged." Mateo joked and I playfully slapped him.

"Oh, shut up." I rolled my eyes.

"How about colors?" Sofia questioned.

"I want turquoise as one. Maybe like an off white with it?" I replied.

"Turquoise for sure and I'll look up more bohemian beach weddings, so we can see some other colors and I'll send them to you." Liz told me and I nodded.

"Alright, we need to set a date, see a DJ, cake, officiant, bridesmaids, maid of honor, best man and groomsmen. Guest list and invites, your boquet and dress. Bride's people dreses and the men's suits. You know, the whole lot." Andrea mentioned as she looked through the checklist.

"Hey, we got this." Mateo said as he looked at my shocked eyes taking my hand in his and placing a kiss on my knuckles.

"Yeah, we do." I replied.

"Okay, so Antonio, would you be my best man?" He asked his brother.

"I would love to brother."

"Best man, check." Sofia spoke up.

"Bas?" He looked up at me and smiled.

"Yes ma'am?" He answered.

"Would you like to be my man of honor?" I wondered.

"Are you serious?" He questioned.

"I am." I replied.

"I would be honored." He beamed at me. It's not that I had anything against my sister, but Sebastian and I always had this stronger bond between one another. It was like it was unspoken, but not. Lizzie understood it and was never jealous because I would never let her feel that way.

Ever since we were younger and there are a lot of stories, situations, where they wouldn't allow the brother or male best friend to be the man of honor because they would claim that the bride had to have a maid of honor, as a woman. This is the twenty-first century, so these things weree no longer 'rules'.