Chapter 18: Becoming One

Mateo

True love is putting someone else before yourself.-Olaf.

Three weeks have gone by since I last seen Malia and fucking hell, I miss her. The haze season was here and fuck, it was painful. It was so fucking painful that I couldn't even be near her and touch her. Kiss her.

I was sitting in my office looking over some documents that were for the company when the landline rang. I answered it.

"What?"

"Alpha. There's a Malia Douglas here to see you." Bruno, my secretary, told me. He probably got a message from Julian, our security, telling him about her.

I can't believe she's here.

What is she doing here?

Goddamn I miss her.

"Let her up."

"Yes, Alpha." I hung up and looked around the office. I got nervous. The feeling was the same. The same way I felt when I was going to ask her to make things official.

Soon enough I heard two pairs of footsteps. One belonging to Julian and the other belonging to Malia.

She's really here.

I'm finally going to see her.

There was a knock on the door. I took a deep breath to calm down.

"Come in." The door opened to reveal Julian and behind him was the love of my life.

"Alpha, she's here." I nodded to him and he moved to the side, allowing Malia to come in. Her hands were folded together. She looked a little shy, not the way I'm used to seeing her. She walked in and thanked Julian, who gave her a small nod and smile then he left closing the door behind him.

It's taking everything in me not to grab her and take her on this desk.

She looked tired, but beautiful.

Has she not slept just like me?

Is this wishful thinking?

"What are you doing here Mal?" I asked finally breaking the silence after finding my voice. She took a deep breath.

"I tried to let you go, I tried so fucking hard but..."

"You couldn't."

"Don't be a cocky prick about it." I smiled. That's the woman I know and love. I walked over to her and looked her up and down. My eyes stopped on her lips for a while.

"It's not that, it's that I feel it too Dolcezza." She let out a sigh and I couldn't helpo myself. I wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her into me causing her to gasp in surprise, but she didn't try to move back . I captured her lips with mine and she let out a soft moan.

"We still need to talk." She told me through the kiss.

"We will, but I need you Malia. Now." I demanded.