Chapter 5: Talk

Malia

What is meant for you will not pass you by.

His stare was mesmerizing, and I couldn't look away and let's face it. I sure as hell didn't want to. I have forgotten where I was and what I was doing. All I could think about was this stranger who has seemed to hypnotize me just by looking at me. It was all so enchanting, something like a fairytale. I want to walk over to him, but my feet feel like they were glued to the floor.

My mind suddenly thought of all the things that I should worry about. Like, the many times I have conversations or arguments in my head.

This man's a stranger.

What if he's married or in a relationship?

What if he's dangerous?

What if all he wants is a one-night stand?

If I have this one-night stand with him-no. No one-night stands.

Should I approach him?

No don't approach him.

I need to break out of this trance that I'm in.

How long have we been staring at each other?

He's walking over.

Wait.

Shit! He's walking over to me.

Get your shit together Mal.

He was soon standing in front of me, snapping me out of the conversations that were happening in my head. His hair was pitch black that contradicted his ice blue eyes which were gorgeous. He seemed to be six feet tall if not more, it was exhilarating. I loved it when a man towers over me, I feel more protected. His demeanour came off as boss-like, he was in charge. He gave me a smile that made my heart skip a beat.

What the hell is wrong with me?

No man has ever had this much control over me and I don't even know his name.

"Hi." He greeted me and damn that voice.

"Hi." I greeted him back.

"Mateo." He put out his hand.

"Malia." I placed my hand in his, it fit like a puzzle, and we shook hands.

Did I just tell this stranger my name already?

My goodness Malia.

I also just shook his hand.

"Would you like a drink?" He asked, his gaze never leaving mine.

Yes, I need a drink.

It's not like I drink alcohol though.

You can remove your hand now Malia.

Why didn't he remove it yet?