Chapter 17: Realization

Malia

I know pain in every way that's why I never want to hurt anyone.

A week later, I went back to work just to do some in-person work, but any meetings I avoided and Evangeline took over the meetings. I couldn't bring myself to see anyone. It's still too much. I am in so much pain. Putting on a brave face was my next best thing.

How am I supposed to continue? He was my love; he was my friend; he was my everything. I miss him each day more and more. Every time my mind wanders, I remember our wonderful times that we have together.

Sitting in my chair behind my desk in my office, I began questioning my decision. I tried to ignore the pain, but the truth is he's everywhere. I know the solution is simple, go see him, but he lied to me. I love him; I do. I can't deny that fact and that's why it hurts me a lot more than if I didn't love him.

Was this the right call?

Did I just pushed away a chance at my forever?

But he lied.

He hid something so life changing.

What else was I supposed to do?

He's a werewolf.

What will that mean?

I need to go see him, we need to talk. This is the only way. If we need to get closure this will be the best way to do so. God I miss his touch, his face, his body, his smile, his eyes. I really miss him.

Fuck it, go. Go see him.

I'm driving myself insane like this.

I'm going to go.

I need to go.

I need him.

With that I picked up the landline that was on my desk and called my secretary. She came in not a minute later.

"Yes Malia?"

"I need to leave something came up. I need you to cancel anything I have left and tell Evangeline that I left please."

"On it."

"Thank you Darcy."

"You're welcome." With that she left and I grabbed my cellphone and threw it into my purse. Then I headed out of my office and soon out of the bulding. The valet of the bulding had my car ready thanks to Darcy, so I got in and drove off to Mateo's house. I didn't even know if he was home or not, but I didn't care.

It was a long drive from the office to his house, so I settled in a put on some badass music to hype me up.

How is it that this man has taken over me completely?

I never tend to be this hung up on a man ever. In my previous relationships, when it was done it was done. I always had a rule that exes are meant to stay in the past. Never get back together with an ex, they're an ex for a reason. Mateo on the other hand, there's something that's keeping me from moving on.