Chapter 9: Fancy Dinner

Malia

In the end, we only regret the chances we didn't take.

This was going to be our second date. He said the dress code was fancy. I can do fancy. I've done fancy before and I can do it again.

He's taking up your mind a lot these days.

Does it matter that you're representing his brother?

No. It doesn't.

What do you know about him? Personally.

A bit.

A bit, that means not much, that means he is still considered a stranger.

He's not a stranger. I'm still getting to know him, that's what dates are for.

I feel like there is more to him than what he tells you.

There's still more to learn about him, I can't judge him before I really know him.

Fine.

Now please let me get out of my own head and let me get ready please.

By all means.

It's strange that I have conversations with myself at times when I'm debating things or thinking about things. In all honesty it helps me with decision making. There's a part of me that thinks with my heart and there's a part of me that thinks with my mind. That seems to be the two sides of the conversations that goes on inside my head, as if they are their own characters something like you see in movies or TV shows.

I got dressed in a burgundy dress that fitted my body from the top and was loose at the bottom. It had a neckline that was open down until the end of my chest with cuts that showed the top of my chest and on the sides it was cut with lines. My back was covered from the end of my shoulderblades down. It was spaghetti strapped dress, so I wasn't wearing a bra. It fell a little below my hips, just short enough.

There's nothing wrong with being a tease.

I put on a light amount of makeup and curled my hair. I lowered my head down so my hair was across my face and I brushed the curls out with my fingers in order to get more volume. Then I quickly flipped my hair back as I stood straight and looked at myself in the mirror.

Damn girl, you looking good.

I smiled to myself and bent down to wear my gold sandal heels. I placed my essentials in a matching colored clutch that fit with my heels, making my look complete. As soon as I was done, I noticed I had about ten minutes before Mateo was supposed to arrive. I decided to take a couple of mirror selfies because why not? I sent one picture to the group that included my siblings and James.

Jay: That's my best friend.

Liz: Yes sis. Yess.

Seb: Hot date?

Me: Something like that.

Liz: I want all the details when you're back.