Chapter 32: New Beginnings

Malia

One day you will be proud you made it through this.

Today was the day Kiana officially is one-year-old. It's her birthday and as you probably guess, I am a very emotional person right now. The event planner and her team were at our house, finishing up the final decorations for my baby girl's birthday party.

We decided to do it at home, because she is still too young to know what's really going on, but since we are having it filmed and there will be a ton of pictures, a theme was definitely there. The theme is 'All Things Cute', simple and to the point.

My sister gave birth to a boy who they named Jonathan. He's a couple of months younger than Kiana. I am thrilled that she has a cousin who is close in age, because I don't know when I'll be having another baby.

I was getting Kiana dressed in her little baby blue dress that had a matching bow and white shoes to go with it, when my sister and brother came in. Sebastian is Kiana's godfather and Andrea is her godmother.

"Oh, my goodness. There is my little Goddaughter." Sebastian said in his baby voice. I have never seen this side of him, but I really love it. He loves her so much and she loves him. I already know that everyone is going to be wrapped around her little fingers because it's already happening. She is already getting spoiled.

"My little niece is looking so cute as always." My sister spoke up. Malia cooed at them and smiled. She then stuck her arms out indicating that she wanted to be held and so she was soon in my brother's arms. I fixed my baby blue dress that matches Malia's and looked at the three of them.

"Aye my love, my Kiki, I cannot believe you are one today. Where has the time gone?" I gave her a kiss on her little cheek. She made some noises as if to agree with me.

"Are you feeling off today?" My sister asked looking at me.

"I don't know why?" I wondered.

"I get this sense off of you, something's different." She explained. Sebastian looked from Kiana to me.

"She's right." He agreed.

"I'm really emotional, I thought it was because my princess is turning one today." I answered.

"No, something is different." She told me.

"I don't know." I confessed.

"Are you pregnant?" She asked bluntly.

"Um. I don't think so." I answered as she took Kiana from Sebastian because Kiana wanted to be held by her aunt. She reached inside her purse and handed me a pregnancy test. Two to be exact.

"Go." She told me as she pushed me gently towards the bathroom.

A few minutes later, we were all looking at a positive pregnancy test.

"Oh, wow." My siblings looked at me with smiles plastered on their faces.

"Well, how do you feel?" Sebastian wondered breaking the silence.

"I'm so happy!" I exclaimed and Kiana clapped as if she knew what was happening.

"Yes baby, you're going to have a brother or sister."

"Ba-ba-y" Kiana cooed.

"Shall we go tell our family and friends then?" Sebastian asked

"Yeah." I answered.

"And I'm going to film it." Elizabeth announced.

We left the room arm in arm, as I held Kiana on my other arm on my hip. We went downstairs to the backyard and saw the decorations. Leah, the event planner, looked up to see us and gave us a smile.