Chapter 15: Heartbroken

Malia

When you are happy, you enjoy the music, but when you are sad. You understand the lyrics.

Two weeks. Two weeks have gone by since I found out that Mateo was a werewolf. Two weeks since I found out that werewolves exist. Two weeks since my heart broke. Two weeks since I left the man who I thought I knew, the man who I loved more than anything, the man who I thought I was going to spend the rest of my life with.

I sat on my bed in my room, like I have been for the past two weeks. My "Sad" Spotify playlist played through my speakers. Snacks surrounded me, from chocolate to ice cream to frosting to cookies and cake. I was depressed, I was hurt and I was betrayed. I felt angry as well, but mainly I felt sadness. My brother and my sister came to visit me last week. I told them we broke up. I just didn't tell them the real reason.

I mean, how could I? How could I possibly tell my family that the man who I loved is a werewolf.

This is why we don't trust people.

Can you for once stop?

Oh my god.

Here I am in bed having conversations in my head with myself. James every day would stop by and chek in on me. Nothing ever changes, I still am the same way. All I do is shower and brush my teeth because I don't want to smell like a dead fish or have my teeth rot from all this junk I'm eating.

Most times I like being left alone and then at other times once I'm left alone I replay that night in my head and I break. Sebastian managed to drag me out of the house one night, took me clubbing. I tried to change my mood, but I failed miserably. Everything just reminded me of him.

How pathetic am I?

All this over a man?

I can be independent and still fall in love and get hurt.

I can still feel.

I haven't gone to work since the breakup. All my calls and appointments have gone through to my partner Evangeline. I told her I needed time to myself and she understood.

"In the end we're all humans." She had told me.

That's were you're wrong Evangeline.

Antonio is a werewolf too.

His sisters.

His family.

He probably has a pack.

I heard that other werewolf say that Mateo's an alpha.

Alpha.

All my life I never knew those things existed.

How many people know that werewolves are real?

How many people are werewolves?

What if the people that I know are also werewolves.

I need to get out of my head.

Mateo hasn't tried to reach out to me not once since the last I saw him. It hurts that he didn't bother to try to get in touch. Yeah, I did break things off with him, but it's not like it's all fun and games on my end.

You left him.

Yeah, but he lied to me.

You need a break.

All of this is too much.

I don't know what to think. What to do. Everything in my life feels like it's falling apart and he's to blame. My head keeps hurting me from all the thinking and it's not like it's getting me anywhere. My phone buzzed on the nightstand next to me. I sat up quickly and reached over to grab it hoping it was a message from him.

I was quickly dissappointed to see that it wasn't him. I don't know why I was expecting him to text me. The message on my phone was from James instead.

J: Hey just checking in. I don't expect you to be okay, but making sure you're alive.

I sighed still disappointed.

For fucks sake Malia it's not him get over it.

Me: I'm the same as I have been for the past two weeks J.

J: As expected. Unfortunately I'm not going to be able to stop by today. Still caught up at work & I have a meeting after that.

Me: It's fine. I'll survive.

J: You better.

Me: Just tell me when you're back home.

J: I will Mimi.

Me: Good. I love you J.

J: Love you too M.

With that I put my phone back on the nightstand after I plugged it into the charger. I grabbed the jar of Nutella and my spoon and began to eat. This was the only thing that was satisfying me right now, but to a certain extent. I still wanted to wake up and find out that this was all some crazy dream, Mateo and I were still together and he was cuddling with me right now telling me how much he loved me.

But that isn't going to happen.

He's a werewolf and he's gone.

I'm just heartbroken.