"No, you don't mean that." The pain in Roman's shaking voice is too much to bear. "I chose to study in London too because I cared about you. I did the thing that Aiden failed to do. And now, you're saying that you only used me? That you could just run into my arms when you needed me and then came back to your fiance, just like that?" he shouts, his voice so loud that it almost makes me jump, taken aback.

Both Olivia and Roman abruptly snap their heads toward me as soon as they feel my existence, and darkness engulfs me. My entire body is shaking with fear.

The three of us are too shocked to absorb what's happening, but surprisingly, I'm the first one to open my mouth, "I'm sorry," I stutter. "I didn't mean to--"

"How much did you hear?" Olivia cuts me off, her eyes wide in horror.

I can't answer that, because I practically heard everything I shouldn't have. I swallow hard.

"Who are you?" Olivia asks.

"I was just trying to help the flower girl." My voice is trembling.

"Who are you?" she raises her tone, almost shouting. She looks like she could die anytime. Her chest is heaving up and down.

I take a deep breath, trying to calm my heart, which is beating like a drum in my chest. "I-I came--" I almost choke because of the sudden difficulty to breathe. "I came as a part of Max's family."

Olivia stares at me like I just shot a bullet in her head. "Max?" Her voice is barely a whisper. "You mean, Luna's fiance?"

I feel like crying. I can sense the disaster I'm about to cause, the chaos that will happen because of witnessing all of this. I shouldn't have dragged myself into this mess.

"You're Max's family?" The fear skating all over Olivia's face is palpable.

"Please just forget about this," I quickly say. "I'd pretend that nothing happened. I didn't see nor hear anything," I say firmly and walk back into the building, but I know that they don't buy it.

No matter who I am, whether this secret would reach Aiden's ears or not, Olivia wouldn't get over the fact that someone just heard their conversation. Even if I weren't Max's family or close to Luna, it would still be harmful to her.

When I step back into the room, I can hear her talking again to Roman, distinctly. Her panic voice echoes in the air.

"Oh, God," she cries. "What should I do? What if she tells someone about this? What if Aiden hears about this?"

I keep walking, wishing that this is just a nightmare and forcing my shaking legs to drag me away from them.

"How am I going to face them?" Olivia sounds hysterical, like her world is crumbling. "How am I going to face Aiden if he knows about this?"

Her sobs break, and that's when Roman speaks again, "You don't have to face them." His voice is firm.

"There she is," a loud voice startles me when I step out of the room.

I snap my head to find the flower girl walking toward me with a woman by her side, probably her mother. Abruptly, I shut the door behind me, not wanting to cause more chaos. I've already caused too much trouble tonight.

I'm fully aware that the most anticipated wedding of the year will probably turn into a disaster, just because I stepped into this forbidden room.

I quicken my pace when the little girl runs in my direction. I don't want anyone else to get through that door.

"I've got my flowers back." The girl grins from ear to ear as she halts in front of me. She pants, carrying a small basket of flowers in her hands. "Thank you for your help, though."

I plaster a nervous smile and pats her hair gently, then resume my steps. I just nod slightly as I pass her mother, who gives me a warm smile. She thanks me for trying to help.

I don't look back as I hear her telling her daughter, "Go to your sisters. I'm going to tell Olivia to be ready. It's time for her to walk down the aisle."

My head is spinning. All I want to do is to escape this place as soon as possible and to deny everything that has happened. I don't have any idea about what's going on behind that door now.

Is Olivia still talking with Roman in the garden?

Or has she come back into the room without him?

But the answer that comes up in my head is the worst, and I refuse to believe that.

When I sit back in the hall beside Sienna, she squints at me. "What took you so long?"

I focus on my lap, on my sweaty hands. "I got lost," I say weakly, and Sienna chuckles, returning her attention to the altar.

"It's almost time." I hear Luna squeal.

I brace myself to look up, and the sight before me makes my heart bleed. Aiden Klein is standing there at the altar, his gaze locked on the aisle. His eyes are filled with his longing to see his bride, happiness skating all over his face.

I've never seen such joy on a man. That's the expression of a man ready to take his vows with the woman he loves with all his heart, to finally have their 'forever'.

"I can't wait to see the bride. She must be stunning." Sienna giggles beside me. "Right, Nevaeh?"

I don't answer her. My mind is busy playing too many scenarios in my head.

"Nevaeh?" Sienna elbows me, and I abruptly turn to her. "What's wrong?" She scrutinizes me. "You look pale."

I shake my head, plastering a fake smile.

A few minutes pass, followed by more minutes. The air starts to become thick with wonder. People are holding their breaths.

Aiden Klein is still waiting patiently at the altar. His eyes never leave the aisle. I tear my gaze away from him, looking down at my lap again.

A big lump is stuck in my throat. My chest tightens, and I can't help the tears pooling in my eyes.

You said you love him. You said you're going to marry him.

Please, he's waiting for you.

I scream in my heart, cursing myself for how stupid I was, how reckless I was.

Aiden's smile gradually fades as more time passes by. Confusion begins to cross his expression.

Still, his bride is nowhere in sight.

People begin to murmur. They're whispering, wondering about what could have happened.

A soft cry escapes from my lips as I feel my heart shatter.

Please, come back.

I pray, pray, and pray in my heart. If she doesn't come back to him, I don't know what I'm going to do.

Please, come back for him.

You said you love him.

Please, come back.

Come back.

But Aiden Klein's bride never comes, leaving him at the altar alone.