Chapter 27

*Don't forget to vote*

Weeks have passed; time moved quicker than ever. It is the last day before Natalie Thornton leaves for University. But this summer was the best summer she ever had. Many new memories with friends and is finally dating Rafe Cameron. Her best friend since the girl could remember. The girl wouldn't lie if you asked if this summer was chaotic. But she wouldn't ever go back and change anything. She just wished she had more time.

'Sweetie are your bags packed?' Her mother asked as she walked into the messy room. Mr. and Mrs. Thornton came back a week ago when they had a celebration party for Natalie getting into Columbia Univerisity.

'Yes. Just finishing this last bag.' She huffed out as she finally zipped the bag after 20 minutes. She looked up at her mother as she took a deep breath. Natalie didn't want to go without Rafe.

'Rafe is here.' Her mother admitted. Natalie's eyes glowed as she grabbed her last two bags taking them downstairs. Her father took them to the car as she ran over to Rafe.

'Rafe!' She screamed. Rafe picked her up as she got covered in kisses.

'You only saw me, yesterday Princess.' He muttered.

'Yeah but today is the last day of spending time together.' She pouted as the words came out of her mouth. She didn't want this to be real.

'I'll visit as much as I can. Call every night.' He claimed as Rafe placed her down.

'Nat, your flight is 7 in the morning.' Topper reminded her as he earnt an okay from the girl.

'Where are we going today?' She questioned the boy.'

'We are going to the fair.' Rafe replied. He earnt a childish grin from the girl.

Natalie said goodbye to her family for the day as she got in Rafe's car. He drove her to the fair downside of the island near the Kook's beach. It only took a 20-minute drive. Soon they arrived hand in hand entering the ground.

'What would my girl like to do first?' Rafe asked her.

'Hm. can we go on that?' Natalie pointed at the roller-coaster in the fair. It was quite gigantic. But Natalie loves a bit of thrill in her life. Rafe agreed to go on it as she queued for it.

'Next.' A worker shouted as Natalie and Rafe walked onto the ride. They got into their seats as they were strapped in.

'Are you okay?' Natalie spoke worryingly. Rafe gulped as he nodded his head.

'Holy fucking shit Rafe. You could have told me you WERE SCARED OF HEIGHTS!' Natalie screamed the last few words as Rafe joined in. The ride jolted as they went flying forward and heading straight down. Rafe gripped Natalie's hand throughout the whole ride.

'See it wasn't that bad.' Natalie giggled as Rafe caught his breath. They just came off as they went for food and some drinks. 

They were at the fair for a good few hours. Natalie tried proving Rafe's point by trying to win a prize, as he thinks the games are rigged, but Natalie failed. Rafe chuckled as his point was right but he had ago and won a massive cow teddy for Natalie.

'Pft. Show off. Thank you.' She scoffed but as she saw Rafe's jokingly angry face she thanked him for getting her the prize she desired. 

'C'mon Nat. I want to take you somewhere.' Rafe spoke up as he grabbed the girl's empty hand. He began jogging dragging the girl to the beach in the dark night.

'What are you doing?' She questioned as Rafe pulled out a box. It was dark but she could tell what it was.

'Rafe I-' 

'It's not an engagement ring. It's a promise ring. Matching with mine.' He started. Natalie gasped slightly, shocked at his action but loved it.

'Rafe, thank you.' She whispered softly as Rafe placed the ring on her finger.

'I want to promise you. That I will always love you, Natalie.' He admitted as he cupped her face. He kissed her passionately as she pulled away. Natalie laughed out happily as she looked at the ocean then back at Rafe

'Are you thinking what I'm thinking?' The smug grin on her face said it all as Rafe returned a smirk back. Natalie left her phone, keys, and cow on the sand as they both took their shoes off. They ran into the cold water in their clothes. Throwing water at each other and floating in the chilly water. 

'I'm going to miss you, Nat.' Rafe spoke up as he pulled the girl against him. Holding her waist as their foreheads touch.

'I'll miss you more Mr. Cameron.' Natalie spoke truthfully.

It was the next morning. Natalie has just placed her bags on the baggage carousel. She hugged her family one last time. 

'Text me whenever you can sis.' Topper told her.

'I'll try.' She nodded. Natalie then looked at Rafe and hugged him tightly. 

'Be safe.' He spoke.

'I will.' Natalie said. She then waved goodbye as she grabbed her main suitcase and walked towards her area. She bordered her plane as she placed the suitcase away and sat in her seat as comfortably as she could.

'Just you and me. Going to New York.' She thought to herself. She held onto the cow teddy tightly her promise ring attached to its fur skin as her eyes closed ready for New York City.

A/N

AND THIS BOOK IS AT THE END OF ITS JOURNEY!!!

I HOPE YOU ALL ENJOYED IT!!! I LOVED THIS BOOK SO MUCH AND IM SO PROUD OF MYSELF AS THIS IS MY BEST WORK, IN MY OPINION, THANK YOU ALL FOR THE SUPPORT I LOVE YOU GUYS SO FRICKING MUCH!!!

IF YOU ENJOYED THIS BOOK CHECK OUT MY OTHER TWO ON MY ACCOUNT!!!

ALSO IMPORTANT NEWS!!! 

i will be starting a new book soon. A book with an OC X Bucky Barnes AKA the winter soldier from the MCU. But it will not be following the storyline so no like an assassin so sorry. It will be based in college/Univesity ( depending on where you're from). I'm debating about professor X student or Student X student as I have a better idea for Student X student. But please leave ideas in the comments and I love you all again thank you so much!!!  <33