Chapter 9

*don't forget to vote*

Natalie woke up to the feeling of arms draped over her body and tugging her waist into the other body. She turned around slightly to see who it was. As she realised it wasn't a stranger, but Rafe, she smiled at the feeling. She wished she could wake up to this every day. She slid under his grip and headed for a shower. As she got undress only showing the bikini she slept in. She felt a heavy breath as she looked in the body mirror in her room.

'I'm so sorry princess.' Rafe whispered gently as he looked her from her waist where the bruises started. His hand print was clearly showing from the last night. He looked up at her body seeing scratches on her arm and the bruise showing clearly on her neck. Rafe calmly walked in front of the girl as he lightly skimmed the bruises with his touch.

'I'm going to head for a shower okay?' She told her best friend as she looked up. Rafe nodded as his hand ruffled through his hair. He began making the girl's bed as Natalie headed for a shower. She then decided to put on a laced cami coffee-coloured top with some denim blue ripped shorts. She covered her bruises with makeup.

'Morning guys.' She greeted as she headed downstairs to see Topper trying to make pancakes with Rafe. She grinned as she decided to make an iced coffee for her morning.

'How are you feeling Nat?' Topper asked as Natalie replied with a quick I'm good. He flipped the pancake onto the plate. He whipped some cream on it and blueberries and shoved it in front of Natalie. She groaned as she backed up.

'C'mon Natalie you got to eat.' Rafe spoke as he wrapped his arms around her neck trapping her. She gave in and sat down making the two boys happy. She ate her pancakes.

'What's your plans today Nat?' Topper questioned as he sipped his drink. He passed some money to Rafe from last night for the drugs of course.

'I'm going to see John B and the others.' She answered as she checked her phone. JJ sent her a message telling her their location.

'Come back for 2 we're off golfing.' Rafe spoke as he frowned at the messages on the girl's phone. He wouldn't admit it but he was jealous of JJ.

'Will do.' She faked a yay of excitement. It was boring golf. But she went as she could make fun out of the two boys.

'Heading out now bye love you both.' Natalie scurried out of the house to her car. She then headed to where the pogues were for some fun. She parked the car outside as the girl changed into her bikini in the jeep. She then walked over to where JJ and Pope were.

'Hey, Nat.' JJ said as he hugged you.

'Hey, guys.' She shouted as Kiara and John B came up out of the water. She waved at them as they went back under. She looked at the device Pope was concentrating on.

'Hey don't touch that!' Pope shouted as John B touched it through the camera. They had a somewhat like go pro under the water.

'Natalie you look like you could use some water.' JJ smirked. Natalie pulled a confused look as JJ picked the girl up bridal style throwing her into the water. Natalie yelped as she splashed Pope and JJ.

'Watch it dude I'm trying to figure this out.' Pope scoffed as he watched the device. Soon enough Natalie came into the point of view showing her amazing skills under the water.

'So what are we doing with this drone thing.' JJ questioned as Kiara, John B, and Natalie came up out of the water.

'It's not a drone JJ.' Natalie smiled as she grabbed a towel. She threw two more at Kiara and John B.

'It's an ROV.' Pope explained as his full attention was still on the device.

'Once we get the footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to the lawyers and file a formal claim.' John B stated as he shook his hair. Natalie went to get her clothes and put them on as she sleeked her hair back.

'It's bullshit why do we have to do that.' JJ groaned clearly not bothered.

'You see there's the Maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean and scoop up a bunch of stuff.' Pope swiftly explained.

'I know just lawyers aren't cheap man.' JJ muttered.

'Don't worry about that J.' Natalie spoke as she placed her hand on his shoulder.

'Besides, they'll work with a comp as soon as they see the footage.' John B claimed.

'How do you know that?' Kiara asked curiously. John B explained how his dad has said it a bunch of times. Natalie agreed to back him up as he was correct. They talked a bit more as they headed to the hammocks closer to John B's house. JJ and Nat were in one together as John B looked at some paperwork of his dad's. Kiara was inside getting some food. Out of nowhere, Sarah showed up out of the blue.

'So I have to say. I don't know how Ward found out. But I'm not a liar nor the reason why you got fired.' Sarah stated as she leaned on a chair. JJ and Natalie looked between the two as John B just replied with an OK. Sarah left as she threw a package at the boy.

'Hey, guys. I have to go do some errands.' Pope claimed as he headed away. Natalie looked at the sea as JJ noticed something.

'Yo what the fuck Natalie.' JJ said loud enough to grab John B's attention. JJ grabbed the girl carefully eyeing her bruises. Soon enough John B did the same.

'It's fine.' Natalie muttered as she covered the neck and waist. She climbed out of the hammock as John B held her in place.

'Who did this Nat?' John B asked sternly.

'Xavier.' She whispered as JJ and John B looked back at each other. But before they could say any bad thing they were going to do. Natalie spoke up.

'Rafe has already sorted him out. At the party yesterday.' Natalie explained as the boys calmed down but still had a rage for what happened to their friend. Natalie's phone went off soon after as she tried searching her pockets. But she realised she left it in the hammock where JJ grabbed it.

'Hey, Nat. Where are you?' Rafe questioned as he was on speaker. Before Natalie could say something someone else spoke.

'Sitting on my dick Cameron.' JJ roared down the phone. Natalie jumped swiftly back into the hammock trying to get her phone back.

'What the fuck Maybank.' Topper's voice was heard as JJ kept his hand on Natalie pushing her away.

'She's coming golfing man don't you worry. Let us finish what we're doing bro.' JJ's smirk was wide as Natalie groaned in annoyance. She yanked the phone off of JJ.

'Yeah hi Topper, Rafe. I'll be 10 minutes bye I love you.' Natalie shouted over JJ who was doing fake impressions of Natalie moaning down the phone. All you could hear was Topper swearing at JJ and Rafe screaming he was going to pick her up.

'For fuck sake JJ.' Natalie groaned as she said bye to John B, Kiara, and JJ who were laughing so hard he couldn't breathe.

'Bye Nat. You know you love me.' JJ snorted out as Natalie got to her car. She stuck her finger up at the boy who fell out of the hammock. It made her giggle as she started the car. She honked a goodbye as she went to the golf course.