Chapter 1

*don't forget to vote*

Natalie Thornton. Also known as Nat or Natasha. A 17-year-old girl is the younger sister of Topper Thornton. Kook Princess on Figure 8. But she isn't just any kook girl on the island. She also has her friend group with the pogues. But her best friend is the eldest Cameron, Rafe. Natalie, Rafe, Kelce, and Topper were best friends.

Natalie became friends with the Cameron's in the 5th grade.  As she grew up with the Cameron's she became good friends with young Wheezie and Sarah. She also became friends with some Pogues. Topper brought home a friend from 7th grade who was Rafe. Natalie had her little school crush on the boy till she hit the 8th grade herself. Rafe and Topper were 16 while Natalie was 14. Her crush on the boy was over when she saw him become the man he is today. But one thing Natalie didn't know was Rafe went for girls who looked like Natalie till the age of 19 he stopped. Because Natalie was now a 17-year-old girl who grown up to be a beautiful young woman. Her light brown hair turning slightly blonde from her last dye. Curves that fit her perfectly when going out partying for an ass for days.

The only person who knew about Rafe's crush on the girl was none other than Topper Thornton. Her older brother was protective over her like Rafe was being her best friend, but the only boy Topper would let her date is Rafe. Not any other kook or any of her Pogue friends who flirt with her.

This is the story of Natalie Harper Thornton falling in love with her best friend Rafe Cameron who only had a soft spot for her and her only.

'I'm a kook. But my friend group lies between the cut, pogues, and figure 8, kooks, but this summer it all changes. This summer's mission is about having a good time, all the time.  The Outer Banks: paradise on earth. It's the sort of place you either have two jobs or two houses. But it's two tribes, one island.'

'Figure 8 is the rich side of the island. Home of the kooks. Where I live but some of my friends don't. The place where they live in the south side. The cut. Sadly, home to the working class. The natural habitat of my pogue friends.'

'One more thing before my life is shown. The boy on the rooftop is John B. Everyone says his dad is dead missing out of the sea. We don't talk about it much. The dude with the darkened skin. That's pope he's the smart ass of the group, like me. The other girl. That's Kiara. She's like me a kook but with the pogues. It's how we became friends and the blonde. That's JJ he's fucking crazy and a flirt but I deal with it as the eldest of the group. Now I've explained the group. Here is my life.

'That's what? A three-story fall to the deck? I give you about a 1/3 chance of survival.' Pope claimed as John B balanced on the roof of Rose's property house. Natasha sat next to the balancing boy laughing.

'Hm. Should I do it?' John b questioned.

'Yes!' Natasha and JJ replied back at the same time. JJ threw a wink at the girl as she held her middle finger up.

'Yeah, you should jump. I'll shoot you on way down.' Pope admitted holding an electric screwdriver pointing it at Natasha and John B.

'They're gonna have Japanese toilets with towel warmers.' Kiara scoffed as she came onto the deck.

'What do you expect Kie. Especially Rose to sell it.' Natasha rolled her eyes coming down from the roof.

'This use to be a turtle habitat.' Kiara admitted.

'I can't have cold towels.' JJ faked shivered making Natasha pull his legs to the ground.

'Hey John B try not to kill yourself yet.' Natasha shouted.

'Don't you worry Nat.' John replied keeping his concentration on balancing. She laughed as she dropped his white claw into the ocean.

'You ain't getting another one buddy.' JJ stated as he passed another to Natalie as she saluted the boy.

'Hey, guys. Security is here. Let's wrap it up.' Pope shouted as everyone ran through the house. There was a cop on one side and the other at the porch. Natalie screamed 'let's go guys' as they ran through the house. All they could hear were cheers and laughter. Natalie, JJ, John B, Kiara jumped over the fence reaching the van. Pope on the other hand fell to the ground.

'Come on boys!' Natasha shouted as JJ and Pope jumped in. She left the slider door open as Gary the policeman ran towards the van.

'Check out Gary gunning for a raise.' Pope chuckled as everyone checked him running.

'Come on Gary you're so close!' JJ shouted as Natalie joined in as she opened the door wider.

'Come on dude so close.' JJ laughed as he threw him a white claw.

'JJ stop you're gonna give him a heart attack.' Kiara groaned.

'Your mother will hear about this Thornton!' That was all Natalie heard as the group laughed heading away from the cops.

'Someone gonna get into trouble.' JJ mocked as they headed through the rich side. Natalie asked to be dropped off at the Cameron's house to see her other friends. She thanked John B for the ride and said goodbye to the others as she reached the back garden. The property was full of workers as a storm just went by. The house was a state. Natalie noticed Sarah with a tennis racket as she jogged over to her.

'No, no, no, NO!' Sarah groaned as Natalie was in earshot.

'What you doing Sarah?' Natalie furrowed her brows.

'Saving the mice.' She said each word when she jumped swatting birds away. She looked at her friend grinning as Natalie picked up a racket and joined in.

'Sarah! Natasha!' The girl's heard their names being called as they hit some more birds to save the mice.

'We're busy!' Sarah called back as she didn't save mice. A bird swiftly got it and flew away as she moaned about it.

'What are you doing?' Her father asked, Ward.

'The water filled the Burrow from the surge.' Natalie replied knowing what happened easily. This happens at least once a year on the island. Especially the Cameron's house. But it was never as bad as this.

'The birds are having a field day!' Sarah claimed running around some more. Both the girls didn't even look back at the man.

'The birds have to eat to girls.' Ward tried to explain to both of the girls. But they didn't listen as they hit more of the hungry species, like vultures, away.

'No, it's mouse genocide out here.' Sarah stated as another bird got a mouse upsetting the girl.

'It's the cycle of life that's what it is sweetheart. Now come on.' Ward was starting to get angry as Natasha turned around. She hit the girl slightly making Sarah turn around to see a woman with Ward.

'Oh my god. I'm Sarah and this is Nat.' Sarah shook the woman's hand as Natasha did the same. They started talking about the woman's husband who has disappeared. It had nothing to do with Natasha as she only wanted Sarah. As Natasha headed over to the sitting area near the pool. She heard three family voices shout her name.

A/N

Hope you all like the first chapter as a taster. I said I won't being following the storyline completely, which is true BECAUSE THIS IS ABOUT RAFE AND WE DONT WANT A MURDEROUS BF. Anyways if you enjoyed don't forget to vote and comment and spread the word!!!