Chapter 17

Natalie giddily walked into her house giggling as Rafe followed behind. He held her hand with the widest smile ever knowing that Natalie Thornton was officially his girl. Natalie headed upstairs and got undressed for bed in front of Rafe. Now they were together, she didn't care about him seeing her naked. 

'Hey, Nat.' Rafe spoke softly as the girl hummed. He grabbed her slightly turning her around looking into her eyes. He looked sad. The girl furrowed her brows and pouted as she asked what was on his mind.

'I love you and all seriously and you know I can't express my emotions that well. I don't want you to think I just used you for a quick fuck because I didn't.' Rafe vented out stumbling on his own words. Natalie adored the boy even being brought up in the awful house.

'I know you love me, Rafe.' She smiled as her hand fitted his cheek softly. She cupped it as she pulled him for a sweet passionate kiss. Rafe picked her up and gently cuddled her on the bed with lips still attached. Soon after they fell asleep happier than ever.

Graduation day, 3 weeks ago

Natalie Thornton graduated from her senior year of school. She walked down the stairs cap and gown as she headed over to the people who went to the graduation.

'So proud of you sweetheart.' Her father hugged her. Then she hugged her mother.

'Well done baby sis. Doing better than us two.' Topper chuckled out as Natalie hugged her brother and Rafe who she invited to the graduation.

'So, which colleges have you thought of?' Sarah questioned the girl in front of everyone.

'We were thinking of you going to Charleston or-'  Rafe was cut off by Topper's glare. Rafe was confused as Natalie always talked about staying close to her best friend.

'Rafe. I sent my applications for Columbia, in New York.' Natalie broke the news to the boy. Rafe's facial expression changed. He nodded as he walked away muttering small goodbyes. Natalie quickly chased him heading outside of the school car park.

'Rafe come back please.' Natalie howled down the street as Rafe stopped hesitantly.

'You-you promised to stay close, Natalie.' Rafe stammered out. He was upset he was not going to see his best friend every day.

'I can visit every holiday and we need the acceptive letter-'  Natalie was stopped.

'You are going to be in a completely different state, Nat! That's what 12-hour car journey?' Rafe roared making the girl have glossy eyes. She just looked at him.

'I'm sorry. We will spend as much time as possible. I promise.' Natalie whispered just so he can hear the promise. 

This would be the last summer they spend together and to make it worse. They're in love.

Present-day, south Carolina.

Natalie completely forgot about her application to the college in New York. She woke up before Rafe did and headed downstairs for breakfast. Topper was laid on the couch watching tv. Natalie headed over to the counter seeing some mail. There it was. The letter from Columbia University. 

'Hoping it's good news Natalie or?' Topper shook her up speaking from behind her. 

'I don't know Topper.' She replied as she shoved the letter under her top. She heard Rafe come downstairs as she swiftly hid it.

'Morning guys.' He yawned as he went for some breakfast. 

'I'm going to start my new shift. See you guys later.' Natalie explained as she quickly gave Rafe a kiss on the cheek with Topper seeing. She then headed to her car and drove to the country club ready to be a server.

A few hours in she saw her brother and friends come in. Including Rafe of course. She served them and brought their drinks by the time she headed on break. As she did she sat a few tables away from Topper and Rafe while sipping on her drink on her phone. But someone appeared interested in her.

'Hello, Natasha.' The familiar voice spoke. Natalie looked up trying hard not to grin at the black eyes he still has. They faded down but were still noticeable.

'What you want Xavier?' She asked as her attention headed back to her phone.

'I want a drink baby.' Xavier sat next to her. Arms on her waist as she looked up. She didn't want to cause a scene. Rafe and Topper haven't realised that her ex walked in either.

'Get off me and I'm on break.' She spat back at him loudly. She glared into his eyes while looking at her brother. Topper and Rafe decided to walk overhearing Natalie's voice.

' C'mon Xavier round two?' Rafe threatened as Xavier stood up. He threw Natalie's drink in anger as he gazed between Rafe and Natalie. People in the bar watched the situation occur.

'Hope you enjoyed fucking let overs. She a whore anyways.' Xavier muttered at Rafe loud enough for the four people there to hear. Topper immediately knew what he meant and threw a punch before Rafe did.

Topper dragged the boy outside at the back where more people were. Rafe followed trying to get Topper off because he didn't want Natalie to lose her job. 

'You stay the fuck out of this Rafe.' Topper screamed at his best friend still hitting Xavier.

 Xavier was covered in blood by the time Natalie ran over with her manager. Topper was dragged off by the tall man as he was kicked off the premises with Rafe who was trying to apologise. Xavier was already out before Natalie could find him which she didn't mind.

 Natalie sighed out knowing her break was over and went to finish two more hours before heading out. She wasn't excited to talk to Topper when she goes home.

A/N 

HI GUYS HOPE YOURE ENJOYING THIS BOOK BECAUSE I FRICKING LOVE IT IF YOU DO SPREAD THE WORD AND COMMENT AND VOTE I LOVE SEEING NOTIFICATIONS!!

I AM DOING THIS AUTHORS NOTE AS ITS IMPORTANT I WANT TO SAY THAT I CANT POST THAT MUCH AS I AM NOW IN YEAR 10 AT SCHOOL, WHICH IS AN IMPORTANT YEAR, SO I WILL TRY AND POST AS MUCH AS I CAN AND PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE WORTH IT.

ONE LAST THING I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLL SO SO SO MUCH THANK YOU AND BYEEEEEE <3