Arc 1: Coda Village Part 5

Start from the beginning

Besides the insults, He could hear the numerous laughter of the traitors, especially the corrupt ones, who were able to get away from their wrongdoings.

The rage finally had taken over his mind, and before the dark fire can fully bring him to the other world, He was able to move his lips and announced his final words.

"Cursed you all! I swear to the deep recesses of my soul, you will suffer the same fate as we suffered on this day!" He yelled out to the top of his lungs, igniting a demonic presence that arose from the area, oblivious to the townsfolk themselves.

It was the day they had sealed their fates.

As he felt his life draining away, he peered intently at the people observing him, especially those who had wrecked his entire life, family, and chance to live in peace, and with that stated, the guy had let out the last of his words.

"Damned you all to hell!"

"You people will never leave this land even until the day of your deaths!"

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

(Centuries Later)

"Crap! I didn't know this would be a pain in the ass"

It was the first comment that Al made once he had opened the hood of the LAV. The large complexity had greeted him with a very overwhelming presence. The different intricated wires, cables, and the big parts were the main reasons that led to his own stress rising within him.

Yes, he was a mechanic. He had previously worked at a certain shop and had experienced many of the normal difficulties associated with cars, trucks, and the like, but he had rarely had to repair these types of breakdowns involving military vehicles. It was not actually his forte to handle these things, but he had no options to choose from. The Californian wiped the sweat on his forehead as he grabbed another wrench and plier to properly disassemble some of the parts. He was fortunate enough that he was able to move himself and the vehicle to a different spot due to some simple but annoying circumstances.

Prior to this, He definitely had a rough time trying to examine the problem at hand, as the area where he was previously in, was nothing but gravel and soil. The weather became much windier and as a result, his very own eyes became the victim of the dust that went along with the wind.

It was very irritating and he let out a couple of swears and cusses right after that.

Fortunately, he was able to get out of that situation and move to a more secure and grassy area. If it hadn't been for the Farmer's assistance in giving a couple of his Chocobos, who were in charge of assisting him in moving the LAV to the current location.

"Man, these birds are damn strong."

So he had thought in his mind, first time seeing two giant yellow birds pull the much heavier military vehicle and it took only about 4-5 minutes to move it. As much as he had so many questions in his mind, he eventually placed those aside and started working on the LAV once more.

Almost an hour had already passed, and he was starting to feel the soreness on his back. He was under LAV, laying on the grass as he faced another set of intricate wires and parts to check. His lips were already dry, as he still hadn't drunk a small portion of water or even a sip of it to quench his growing thirst.

He was successful in fixating on the task at hand that he was already forgetting his own well-being.

Seconds passed, the sweat was all over his body, and a part of him was now expressing a desire to take a short break. His mind was already at conflict. stuck between choosing to rest or continue the repairs all the way.