Respect

Okay so I have this teacher who is TICKING ME OFF!

She follows the philosophy of "children have to respect me because I am an adult"

This is the stupidest thing ever.

Here is how my respect goes, you get respect for:

Being a living organism created by God. (Small respect. I will not purposefully put you in physical pain without reason)

Being human (slightly more respect then other living organisms. But really not much.)

Being smart. Your age really does not affect this aspect. Just because you are 300 years old does not mean you are any more intelligent then a five year old.

Being a good person. Everyone on this whole freakin planet believes they are a good decent human being from the beginning of their life. hate to break it to you might not be. some of you people probably realize this but when someone is a bully or rude or a murderer either they don't realize or they think their actions are justified.

Being fun.

shared fandoms.

How long I know you. if you've been my friend for 5+ years you have respect. there really aren't that many of these though.

my friends like you. If my friends like you I need to at least pretend to be nice to you until you turn into some evil little witch.

Age is not a contributing factor and neither are age, gender, appearance or sexuality. Those are all really stupid things to judge people on that. Most of that is out of the persons control and it's ignorant and shallow to judge people on their clothing choice.

People should not be given respect or disrespect based off of things out of their control.

Your age means absolutely nothing to me.

However if your talking like

"I ain't takin back talk from y'all. Y'all is keeds. I am an adult. stay in yo own lane." (she actually said that and talks like this on a regular basis.) and then talking about how "Ya know you can tell a lot about a person by lookin at they's appearance."

This rant lost nearly a all respect I have for this teacher.

The only plausible argument I see for respecting adults, is they possibly have more education and life experience then me. However if, with all her life experience, she can't even speak properly and puts herself above others because of something out of their control then this is absolute monkey poop.

I owe you no respect for how long you have been alive. It's how you use that time.

I know people 2 years younger then me who have my complete and absolute respect and I would never hesitate to ask their advice on anything and believe them over my own mother.

But respect should go 2 ways. I can not respect you unless you respect me. If you put yourself above me for any reason-that is out of my control-you have lost all of my respect.

And then there is real respect vs. showing respect.

I will continue to show respect for this teacher and be polite and raise my hand and blah blah blah blah blah.

I will show respect for everyone (within reason).

But real respect is when you are willing to count on that person and listen to their advice and guidance, you would respect their opinion.

She lost any real respect I had for her.