Chapter 40

Y/n's POV

"Are you sure it's okay for me to ask him?" I asked Aiko one more time with a frown.

She groans in annoyance because I was asking her this question ever since we here on the rooftop to eat.

"How many times do I have to tell you? Kuroo can understand and if he turns your offer down then it is what it is." She says before taking a bite on her food as she shrugs her shoulders.

"You're not helping." I tell her before looking away.

"Look Y/n, you're just going to ask him if he's okay with joining the science club. What could possibly go wrong?"

Time skip

"Good afternoon class." The teacher says to us announcing that he has arrived.

The students didn't let another word come out of their mouth as we all faced the teacher.

"Before we get started in our lesson, I have to announce that the science club is missing participants from this section." He says in a serious voice, "We only need two participants."

I sighed, somehow I really wanted to join and try debate for a change, as I mentioned I liked debate especially when it's science. But I had second thoughts to raise my arm up because I knew that I was the only one going to volunteer.

"Hey kuroo! Why don't you join?" My male classmate asks in a loud voice making us all turn out head to kuroo who was resting his chin on his palm.

"I already have a club, sorry." He says in a bored voice.

I'm sure that was enough information on how to not ask him about the club thing, I should tell Aiko about this before she forcefully makes me to go and ask him about this which will probably eat my dignity bit by bit.

"Y/n-san? Why don't you join?" My female classmate who was sat in front of me asks.

I raised my eyebrow and looked at the teacher.

"I will probably be the only one." I said in all honesty.

"Well L/n is right, talk to me if someone from all of you ever changes their minds." The teacher said with a small smile before beginning the lesson again.

I slowly turned my head towards kuroo, surprised that he was already looking at me. He gives me a small smile before waving towards me, I smiled back before looking back at the board again.

(Another) Time skip

Kuroo's POV

Jumping up to spike the volleyball it landed hardly on the ground before bouncing up.

"I heard your section doesn't have a participant for this year's science debate." Yaku says to me.

We both walked our way to the bench to take a rest for a little while, the coach handing out water bottles for us.

"Yeah, I won't join since I have a club." I tell him before shipping on my water bottle.

"You're like the smartest kuroo! Think about it." Yamamoto suddenly jumps in.

"Shut up, handling two clubs is harder than you think." I tell him.

"You're kuroo tetsuro, handling Yamamoto through out the years is enough to be applaud." Kenma then talks in a calm voice before getting interrupted by a complaining Yamamoto.

"Leave me alone, I don't want to join. End of discussion." I tell them with a serious voice, warning them that it was the last time I was going to tell them to shut up.