Chapter 35

Before Y/n's date with daichi

Kuroo's POV

"Do I look okay?" Y/n asked, doing a little twirl for me to see the dress that was on her.

You look perfect, I wanted to say. But I stopped myself, standing up from the floor I walked up to her and adjusted her hair a little bit.

"You look great." I replied to her question, she smiles at me.

I can't explain my feelings at the moment, somehow I felt sad but I somehow felt happy too, sad because she's going on a date with someone that's not me, happy because she's happy. But I'm okay.

If I get to have her show her outfits like this to me knowing that she trusts me well enough is good enough.

"Thanks kuroo, I should get going now." She says, waving her hand to me as I did the same.

Seeing as she disappeared from my sight, a sigh left my lips, walking up to a window that shows the gate of the school I looked out of the window.

Seeing daichi waiting out there so patiently, I really wish I was him just for a second, I just want to feel what it's like to have her love me like that, just for a second. Why do you have to get her before me? You can take anything, but it's all done now.

I shouldn't love her like this, but I just can't help it.

My thoughts were interrupted by the door of the room I was in opening, I turned around, seeing kenma who was looking at me with a glare.

"I finally found you." He says in a serious voice before walking up to me, and stopping right in front.

"What for?" I asked the blonde.

"Coach is looking for you." He says in a calm voice before leaving.

A sigh left my lips once more, turning my head back to the window once again.

My heart cracking slightly at the sight.

Y/n's arms wrapped around his neck with daichi's arms around her waist, why did I have to look?

She looks happy though, who am I to ruin that for her? Being happy for her was the only thing I could do at this point.

Prying my eyes away from the scene I left the room with little energy.

Present

Y/n's POV

"This is delicious." Daichi compliments the chicken Katsu as he takes a bite out of it.

"That's Y/n for you." My dad says with a playful chuckle at the end of his sentence.

Daichi looks at me with a smile, I blushed and looked away.

"So daichi, what job are you going to take when you finish school?" Not surprised that it came from my mother.

I should atleast be happy that she's being nice tonight.

"I was thinking on becoming a police officer back in Miyagi." Daichi tells my parents, I on the other hand was also surprised by this information.

My mind immediately thinking a scenery of daichi in a police uniform, wow. I shake the thought of, thinking of how pathetic I was being as I continued to eat.

"Really? That's great." My mom praises in a voice that tells me she didn't mean it, "Now care to tell us how the two of you met?"

I looked over to daichi who was beside me, talking to him with my eyes if he should say it or should I. He looks at me, telling me that I should be the one to say it.