Chapter 31

A day before summer camp

Kuroo's POV

Just a day before summer camp starts, I'm excited about it because not only do I get to meet my good friends from other teams and go against them, I get to have Y/n as our temporary manager too. Isn't that exciting?

But the past few days was just us getting to know more about each other, we sometimes still fight over the right answers which I think will never change. But overall she had been hanging out me and the team more often than expected.

And here we have yamazaki and aiko, they said they were still in the dating phase but they already look like a couple to me way back when they confessed to each other.

If we talk about my feelings for her, I do try. Key word; try, I try to push it away just for my sake and everyone else's. I didn't want drama and I sure didn't want it when Y/n is included, she likes someone and I respect that. I told myself that many times than I can count. I'll just be a friend to her while I can.

And here we are now, kenma, Yamamoto, Lev, yaku and Y/n. Eating lunch on the rooftop. Aiko and yamazaki wasn't here because they had student council things to do, now I know why Y/n said she doesn't like responsibilities.

"You're such an angel, Y/n-san." Yamamoto compliments, his eyes filled with imaginary stars in them as he munched on Y/n's handmade onigiri.

"Thank you." Y/n thanks Yamamoto in a soft voice.

The rooftop I though was supposed to be quiet was erased from my mind as soon as Lev and Yamamoto started to fight on who was gonna have the first taste of Y/n's onigiri.

Y/n had to dismissed them and handed kenma the first one because in her reasoning he was the most quiet.

"Y/n-san, I have a question!" Yaku says as he raises his hand up.

Y/n hums in response.

"You're still not in a club yet, why don't you become one of the managers from our team." Yaku says, making Yamamoto extremely excited which Y/n sadly turned down.

"I don't know anything about volleyball." She says before taking a bite on her onigiri.

"It's okay, we really need a good cook in our team because no one knows how to make a roasted pork without burning it." Kenma says calmly before glaring at me.

"Oi oi oi, don't act like you're any better." I fight back.

"At least I don't burn them!" Kenma bites back as well.

Before I can open my mouth and say something about the food he made last week, yaku had already smacked both of us behind our head.

"You both suck at cooking." Yaku says before they burst into laughter a except for me and kenma.

But I looked away from the blonde, my eyes immediately stopping on Y/n who was laughing, a single white rice was sticking beside her lips but a bit higher. I was zoning out as she laughs.

But hen suddenly she stops and looks at me with a questioning face.

"Is there something on my face?" She asks before touching her face.

I only nodded before bringing my hand to catch the single rice on her face before discarding it on the ground, my eyes still not leaving hers. Unnoticed to me the laughter has already died down.

"Oh thanks." She says before looking away from me.

I didn't notice the small smile creeping up to my face before looking ahead, finally seeing the stares my friends were giving me as they watched the scene.