Chapter 24

After school

Y/n's POV

"I don't get to spend some time with you anymore, Y/n-chan." Aiko whines, still having that fake smile on her face.

"It's okay, I don't want to get in your way either." I said to her, she looks at me with a smile.

"I'm really sorry I couldn't go home with you again, there's really so much going on since it's almost summer." She explains, the guilt in her voice was noticeable.

I nodded at her, wanting to let her know that I understood her.

"Don't worry about it, kuroo is going to lead me anyway." I said, she looks at me with wide eyes.

"Did you finally accept his offer?" She asks, a squel was heard from her voice as she looks at me with the realest smile I ever seen on her for days.

I nodded at her.

"I did." I answered.

She wrapped her arms around me in a hug which I only hugged back.

"I'm glad you thought about it." She tells me, breaking up the hug we were interrupted by a knocking kuroo on the door.

"Should we go? The train is arriving in 29 minutes from now." He asks, I only nodded.

Finally saying my good bye to Aiko, me and kuroo finally left the school building and walked to the train station.

"Thank you for going with me." I thanked him, looking over to him surprised that he was already looking at me.

I can't believe that he was labeled as a friend to me, someone I never thought I'd bare to be with in a room. Life is so full with surprises, but having him as my friend was the most shocking one so far, if it was the old me I would've cussed at myself for doing so considering the fact that I hated him with my guts.

"Don't worry about it, I also want to see their match." He says with a small smile.

"What about kenma? You didn't invite him?" I ask.

Noticing that kuroo felt silent for a moment, he looked like he was thinking for a second.

"He's at practice." He says.

"Then shouldn't you be in practice too?" I asked with slightly widened eyes, "Did You have to skip it because of me?"

I ask in disbelief, only for him to shook his head almost immediately.

"The coach approved it so don't worry, let's just enjoy daichi's match." He assures me, feeling my body relax as I look ahead.

Can't help but to let excitement overcome me as I was finally getting to meet daichi, and he was also going to meet my parents on the way.

Finally me and kuroo arrived at the train station.

This was a first, first time to be waiting in a train station with kuroo but as friends.

Soon after the train was seen in the distance, slowly stopping in front of us. The door opened, the train had not much people in usual Mondays, but I shouldn't complain. Me and kuroo both went in, walking around we both saw a available seat for two. We walked up to it and took a seat.

I don't see why I even thought I was going to regret being friends with him, he's so nice to be with.

"Are we going to make it in time?" I can't help but to ask.

He looks at me.

"Yes we will, and if we don't at least we got to go." He assures me making me feel relaxed again.