Chapter 33

Y/n's POV

After a while, I had now getting used to this being a manager thing. Handing out water bottles for them, yamamoto was the one who still can't get the fact that I was their manager that he had to brag about it every time they had a new opponent, and the funny part is when they got against karasuno he was about to brag about me but when he had eye contact with daichi his whole aura changed, he was more focused than usual to be honest.

Now, nekoma was just facing against furukodani. And as for daichi we had a few words in between matches when his team is taking a rest, he had to apologize to me for many times that I can count, I already told him about it that it was fine and that it was now in the past.

I understood that he felt bad, it really did pain me. But I don't like daichi apologizing like this to a thing that happened long ago, that I was sure anybody can move on from.

I watched as yamamoto jumps up to spike the volleyball, making it hit the ground on fukurodani's side.

Yamamoto lands safely on the ground and pumps his fist up in the air in victory.

"Let's go!" Yamamoto cheers to himself.

"Hey Yamamoto, you're way too hyped up." Kenma had to sadly crushed his spirits, but only to be ignored by Yamamoto who turned to me and started pointing at me.

"That one was for you Y/n-san!" He yells, he literally yells. I tensed up at my name being called, Blushing as I felt some of their eyes on me.

"Please stop bothering her." Kuroo says in a serious tone before dragging Yamamoto away from my sight as the referee called the practice match off.

I only let out a small chuckle before grabbing a pair of towel and handing it to kuroo who has now walked up to me.

He mumbles a thanks before sitting on the bench as I did the same to the whole team.

I was about to open my mouth and say something when a voice beat me to it.

"Y/n." Almost immediately I stood up and turned around, seeing daichi standing there with a small smile on his face, a towel hanging around his neck.

I excused myself to the team, feeling a pair of eyes on my back but I ignored it and proceeded to walk my way to daichi with a smile as well.

"Hi, do you need something?" I asked him.

"I just wanted to tell you if you're free later?" He asks, the nervousness in his voice wasn't unnoticed.

"O... Of course, why do you ask?" I failed to start a normal sentence, letting my shyness take over me as I started to play with my fingers.

"I wanted to ask you out on a date." Daichi announces.

I started to feel my heart beat fasten as usual before stuttering broken words.

"Sure, where to?" I asked him, he scratches the back of his neck whilst still looking at me.

He took a while to answer but he managed.

"Since I didn't get to meet your parents last week, why don't we try again later tonight?" He says, nervousness laced his tone. Hearing the sentence loud and clear I stopped myself to scream.

He was really trying to make it up to me and I appreciated that, I didn't get to have a man do something like this to me, well. Except for my dad of course.

After he said it I nodded fastly.

"Sure, I'll see you later?" I told him, he only agrees.

We both shared our final smiles before daichi had to excuse himself to get back to his team, I let him off with a good bye as I went back to my team too.