Chapter 17: Lucas

I was fully aware that the mind-blowing sex Cara and I were suddenly having was being fueled by a desire to completely forget we were currently on the run. I cared deeply for her, though, and worried that if we made it out of this experience alive that we'd find the only thing holding us together was shared trauma. How early was too early to start couples therapy?

Maybe it was a bad idea for both of us, but it's impossible to say no when she lures me into the shower with her. I was anxious to get in a safehouse, but Cara had a hold on me that I couldn't resist. As much as I desired a safe haven, I also desired her and this blip of normalcy. We spent so much time together but it was largely spent figuring out our next move. Living in constant fight or flight was emotionally draining and feeling Cara's skin against my own was the perfect antidote.

I held her tightly under the streaming water as she caught her breath. Her nails still digging into my back. "I wanna do that again," she breathed.

I laughed and brought my lips to her neck. "How about you finish showering and I'll order us breakfast," I offered as I continued to kiss her under a steady stream of hot water. "We're going to need some energy to keep at this."

Cara whined a bit and then agreed.

--

"I told you my plan was better than yours," Cara said as she crawled into bed. She had tied her hair up loosely and replaced her contacts with her glasses. The faint scent of her moisturizer smelled sweet on her skin.

There was no denying that she was right. Spending the day off her computer seemed to lift her out of a dark cloud and brought a glow that I hadn't seen before. She was more playful and laughed more easily.

"Your plan was to stay confined to this room all day, order room service, nap, watch movies, and have sex," I replied, taking off my shirt and throwing it near our packs.

She climbed on top of me and rested her head on my shoulder. "And was it a bad day?" she asked after a thoughtful pause. I felt her lips gently graze my neck.

"The jury is still out," I lied. "It's only 9pm. The day isn't over yet."

The gentle grazing became deeper kisses. "Is that so?"

She tongued a sweet spot just under my ear. "Yes," I sighed, but it wasn't exactly a response to her question.

Cara continued to kiss and lick my neck as I I felt one of her hands slide down my chest. She stopped at the waistband of my boxers, running a few fingers across my hips. My dick hardened with the anticipation. She finally slid her hand into my boxers and gripped the base of my cock. I threw my head back and moaned. She stopped kissing my shoulder and shifted her body to rest her head on my chest. She alternated between stroking my dick and gently massaging my balls. I could feel her watching me, responding to the slightest change in my face or my breathing. I could read her mind, but she could read my body.

She lifted up her head and came as close to my face as she could. "Was my plan better than yours," she asked with a quiet and seductive voice.

"Yes," I moaned.

"Good boy," she replied, increasing the speed of her strokes and pressure of her grip.

I let out a cry of pleasure and pressed my head further into the pillow.