Childe (Modern AU)

Depuis le début

"Wanna talk about earlier ?" He suddenly asked, and you shut your eyes, hoping he would forget.

He turned you around and held your hands, maintaining an eye contact with you.

"Is there something happening in your home ?" he asked, and you looked down.

"I.... just don't have a happy family, that's all." You smiled weakly, and he noticed the sadness on your look. You looked dejected and hopeless.

"I love it here because... you guys are here." You looked up to him, a tear slipped from your eye. He looked at you, heart broken seeing you that way.

He held your face and pecked your eyes first before pecking you on the lips. You let him kissed you.

The both of you wished you can stop the time. It was a moment you wished stay forever. Vulnerable and hurt, yet you had each other. That was the moment you realized, how you loved that man so much.

"I'm not doing this anymore."

Dottore looked over his shoulder to his colleague, Childe. The sharpshooter, S+ assassin in the mafia called Fatui, looking adamant with his idea on stopping becoming the beast of him.

Dottore sighed roughly at the persistent of him trying to pull himself from this. They were one of the big three, thanks to him. He had made a secret alliance with one of the mafia to take down the solo Mafia group that has no alliance, but remained among the strongest.

"Fine, but you have to execute this last mission." Childe rolled his eyes as he buried his face into his hands, not wanting to spill blood onto his hands anymore, but if it means to get out of here for good, he had to.

Dottore was a crazy person, he might find you if he refuse.

"Our group and the alliance will send an attack to them, but we could never defeat him." Dottore told him the strategy and Childe listened half-heartedly.

"Your job is..." Dottore said, placing his index finger onto Childe's chest, were looking uninterested.

"To kill his daughter."

---

The Fatui finally started an attack at the mansion of the mafia they wanted to take down.

Dottore kept ordering his men to receive all the attack came from their defense, and create way for him to the Master room.

While everything was a mess inside, Childe was already by the roof of the Master room, waiting for the right time to strike. He kept playing with his butterfly knife, feeling bored.

"You memorized the Master room well, right ?" Childe heard from the earpiece, but he did not answer.

His mission was only to kill, not to answer or receive anymore order.

His ears perked hearing the Master room was successfully infiltrated. The numbers of men with Dottore could never win the boss in any way, that was why he was playing trick.

"Scara will deactivate the defense on the window. Once he did, go for the daughter. She's at the back of a long couch, (h/c) hair." His eyes flickered for a moment at the mention of the hair colour. One similar to yours.

He heaved in.

The sound the metals riding into the ceiling heard, which means the window was all opened. All it left for him to crash the window.

"Now !"

He crashed against the window, and he went straight to the female, seems to tremble in fear from behind, with the said hair colour. He locked her shoulders with his arm and aimed a gun to her head, hearing a squeal coming from her afterwards.

The boss turned around in fear.

"(Y/n) !"

Childe's heart almost stopped beating.

It was what he was fearing seconds ago.

It became reality.

It was truly you.

He looked up to Dottore, who already had his gun to your father's head.

Dottore might be crazy, but he even more crazier with his guns. He would shoot on anyone no matter if they were enemy or innocent people, men or foes, he shot anybody.

So, you were at risk.

"Please... spare my daughter. My head is what you want, not her !"

"Does that mean you will be even more in pain when you alive... and her... dead ?" Dottore said in a craze smile.

Childe clenched his teeth, tears coming out of his eyes, unable to think of any way to get out of the situation. Dottore's men were already surrounding them. The mission to exterminate the boss and his daughter was absolute, no matter what happened.

"You... trying to play father now..." He heard you scoffed, voice trembling with fear and anger.

He then felt you slapped his wrist, taking the pistol from him and aim straight to his head.

And the gasped coming from you afterwards shattered his heart.

You hand started to tremble even more as you could not believe what you had seen.

Your tears fell like waterfalls as you tried to conceal the whimpers coming from you. The person you were intent to kill earlier was your beloved boyfriend, a man that also a part of the mafia.

"Oh, brave little girl, but only to an extent.." Dottore said, and was already aiming at you when you suddenly aimed the gun to yourself.

Childe's eyes widened, hands trembling like crazy along with his chin.

"(Y-Y/n)..."

'I love you.'

All of that happened afterwards just unending static sound to his ears, holding your frail body in his arms with his tears seems to never ends. Everything was seemingly muted in the background, even with your father crying and screaming your name.

He slowly brought his hand to your cheek.

"(Y/n) ?" He called you, who eyes were looking nowhere, lifelessly.

He pulled you close into his body, sobbing like a baby even with everyone watching.

His world, finally crushed to pieces.

Dottore laughed a maniacal laugh.

"What a turn of event ! They were lovers !"

He was going to hold your hand, but his fingers grazed over the familiar metal.

His gun that was still in your hold.

Dottore continued to laugh, until he witnessed Childe slowly bringing the gun to his head. His laugh gone completely, seeing the dead eyes of his best assassin was going to waste away.

"Stop him !"

Bang.

---

Genshin community sheeesh crazy af rn lmao

Anyway ayy i upload a Yandere!Child x Female! reader if u wanna read 🙃