Childe (Modern AU)

⚠️Warning⚠️

Double suicide
(Shinjū)

He met you in a cafe you were working in.

"Hi."

You turned to look over from the shelves to a guy with a fiery ginger hair, wearing some pins to pull his right bangs behind. He was wearing a leather coat over his white shirt.

"...Hey." You smiled seeing him, the customer that you always sneak a glance on.

That was the first time you ever spoke to him. He always came with his friends, wearing fashionable outfit everytime and looking rebellious.

You never knew he was such a sweet person until you began to speak to him almost throughout the day, through texts, calls, the way he spoke to you were very gentle. It seems like everything you did would break you and he would get angry if his siblings would burden you any sort of way.

You looked over from your kitchen to the living room where your boyfriend and his siblings were playing together. You smiled, feeling content seeing them having a healthy family.

"What are you doing ?" You felt a hand held your waist before a chin rested on your shoulder. You giggled as it tickles.

"Just cutting some fruits for the kids. Nothing much." He caressed your waist as he watched you cutting the fruits.

"I love how you come here almost everyday." Your eyes flickered as he suddenly talked about it. Your face changes, and he definitely noticed that, even through the fake smile.

As you were about to leave to the living room, he caught your wrist. You turned around to him, who was leaning to the counter with a worried look.

You held his eyes for a moment, before you went closer to him.

"I'll talk to you later." you pecked his cheek before you left to send the bowl of fruits to his younger siblings.

He watched as you were chatting and laughing with Sonia, probably talking about girls stuff.

He was worried about you. It seemed like you almost wanted to stay here every day. He remembered having to always remind you of your curfew, since you had a strict parents.

It probably had to do with that.

"You have a very nice house." He approached you from behind, who were watching over the skyline. He wrapped his arms around you from behind before pecking onto your exposed shoulder.

"What do you do ?" you asked, and he abruptly stopped thinking for awhile.

".... jobs... here and there..." he said, continue to raise to your neck.

"What jobs ?" You turned to look at him, and you saw his eyes pleading you to stop asking about it.

He did not seem angry, but afraid.

"Secrets..." You scoffed softly, feeling somewhat betrayed by the trust you had put on him, and you continued to watch over the skyline.

You too had a secret, so it was fair.