Chapter Zero: Stacking Up The Odds

A world that seemed normal took a sudden change. There was word of the birth of 'the New Generation', a group of young children that started to develop abilities that were shared with gods and myths, alias 'Irregulars'.

These children were all given the god or myth their abilities are based on as a codename, as a facility was built to hold them all together for the safety of mankind, and with other motives. A group of adults keeps hold and control of this school, maintaining various things within. It was made into a school, called Sacred High, with a 3-period system of Freshmen, Sophomores and Seniors, each period taking a year and a half to finish.

The first official year had started. As the facility took two years to build, there were already several sophomores, some even being made into seniors. This school was ruled by the students that became the 'Student Council', the most popular.

Popularity is a factor of strength in this school, the more popular you are the more dangerous you're considered to be and people will leave you be. Due to this system, the Student Council held the most power, but they were also the most corrupt and rotten. They were unfair, worked nothing to protect any of the weaker students and forced them to participate in the 'survival'.

At a certain point, a select few members of the freshmen and sophomores decided to group together and to fight the unfair ways of the Student Council's members. The Student Council, lead by Izanagi, began to take notice of these people and started planning ahead.

One day, a Phoenix rose to lead this group, ascending to fight the Student Council on their own ground. Although the fight was fierce and took quite the while, lasting over a full week of continuous fighting, the Student Council defeated them and silenced them. The group had been entitled as the 'Fallen Heroes' and they all went into hiding, stopping being active with their abilities or actions, staying in the background.

 However, there is more to be told as it would lead up to something that would change everything ...

It was the start of a new year in sacred high, and Aki Yoshi joined the school. She was a remarkable student on the very first day already and over the years she kept developing and managed to get some comrades and make some close friends when she was in school for a while though she noticed there was something up.

It was the student council, they had all the power in the school and the corrupted people in it were the puppeteers of the school. They ran the whole thing like it was theirs to control. Every person in that school was vulnerable to the council.

The Phoenix couldn't stand this situation and wanted it to change. "This is not how it's supposed to be ... This has to stop!" With that statement, she gathered her strongest comrades as a group in the hopes to fight the Student Council and win. However, they were mercilessly beaten down by the Student Council, without Izanagi having to interfere or help.

Izanagi thus stated once: "You're out of our league, get out of here." The group withdrew, being entitled as the 'Fallen Heroes'. That was the point of change after which the Phoenix and her group stopped being active and went into a more passive and hiding life. Shortly after this, Izanagi made a prediction, as if it were clairvoyance: "Soon one will appear that will tip the scales of this school and change it to the core ..."

The council kept their eyes and ears open for anything that could be a threat and decided to get rid of the biggest problems that were once the fallen heroes. He decided to send a message by assassinating the people that endangered him and had the ability to make his prediction come true. He managed to kill "Ares" and with their blood spread a message to the rest of the group: "If you try to make a change to this school or rebel you will end up like them ..."