Chapter 7 - The Runaway Padlock Codes

"Where is it! WHERE IS IT!" James scrambled through his cab, but he could not find the paper with the codes. He then turned around, and saw that the wind had picked it up, and was carrying it through the air. "NO!" James screamed, as it began to float swiftly away! James panicked and began to chase it, but he tripped because one of his side rods wasn't fully on properly (this is the equivalent to an un-tied show lace).

After getting it back on he jumped up and began to chase the paper again, but he had to go fast because it had already gotten pretty far in its travels. James ran and ran! He went as fast as he possibly could, but he wasn't getting any closer. Soon enough, James was getting tired, as he was running out of coal and water. James passed Edward, "Can I tell what's funny now Ja-" 

"DOES IT LOOK LIKE I HAVE TIME FOR THAT EDWARD!"

"sorry," replied Edward.

He passed Bertie the Bus.

"Woah, he's going faster then Thomas when he races me,"

He passed Duck.

"Oh dear,"

Finally, James ran out of coal and water. Luckily, he had stopped near by a coal hopper, but what about the water he thought. He then remember the water soaked iPhone. There was lots of water still stuck in it, so he dumped all of it into his tank, filled up with coal, and then continued the chase.

James went faster, and faster, and faster, and got closer, and closer, and closer. He then began to catch up. He reached out and finally he grabbed it. "I GOT IT!" he shouted in excitement, "HOORAY!" but James was still moving at a constant fast rate. Soon, he came to a dead end, a dead end that was...

...OVER A FRICKING CLIFF!

"HOLY MOLY!" screamed James!

He tried to stop, but it was a little too late, and he SMASHED through the buffers. He dangled over the edge, and peered down into the huge ravine below.

"OH MY GOD!" James wailed in fear. James couldn't move backwards, because his wheels were now engraved into the side of the cliff.

James started to panic, and a lot harder than last time. The first time he panicked was for a runaway piece of paper, but this. HO BOY! This was way way worse, he could DIE!

"Where is Rocky when you need him," sighed James. 

"I'm right here" said Rocky, "I was gonna tell you to be mindful of this cliff, but then you told me to, and I quote..."

Rocky cleared his non-existent throat.

"Frick off Rocky!"

James sighed "Ok, look I'm sorry, I was just in a certain mood at that moment, and when I am in that certain specific mood, I tend to say things I don't mean. Can you forgive me?"

"Sure," said Rocky "I accept your apology," and Rocky began to help James.

Soon, James was back on the track. He thanked Rocky, and then set off back to the house he found in the woods (a.k.a Gordon's house). He had ran pretty far though, and he was kinda tired, so he decided to take it slow. James had a long ways to go.

Gordon was hiding behind a tree waiting to hear a huge explosion, and the screaming of a certain red engine, but after a while he began to get impatient. He couldn't even check what was happening on his iPhone because the tracker app he had couldn't connect to the water soaked iPhone. He just had to wait, and wait, and wait.

After about 15 minutes, he could not take it any longer!

"WHAT THE HELL!" he screamed "WHY CAN I NOT HEAR ANY BOOM BOOM!" so he decided to sneakily go over and check.

Unfortunately for Gordon, he came out from behind the tree, as soon as James arrived.

James looked over and saw Gordon.

Gordon looked over and saw James.

"shoot" Gordon whispered to himself. 

James sat there looking at him.