Chapter 27

A few seconds of car exiting the building and it was immediately thrown over. A huge impact and few severe rolls for the car come to halt, upside down.

"Tell them.
It's a secret isn't it?
Do you think you can hide it forever?
Let's end all the misery, I'll help you.
Just tell me.
And confess them.
Imagine how shock everyone would be when they will know the reality.
All the residents; Eunyu, Uncle, Hyunsoo, Eunhyuk.
…I can give you anything, everything,
surrender."

Minseo slowly opened her eyes, feeling pain from head to toe. As her vision cleared, she looked around to see a blood covered,  unconscious Sangwook and Yuri not in sight. She groaned as she realized her lower body was trapped beneath the car.

She tried to wiggle her feet in hopes of getting some space to free herself and turned to a side, when she felt something in her way. She lowered her head more and got to see Yuri and stopped moving her legs. The pain increased and her back cracked but she couldn't give up.

She could see Hyunsoo struggling against the huge, bulky monster all alone.

Minseo gave it her all, and managed to turn as she now got on her back. She cried out and slipped from the heavy vehicle, not having any strength left.

She saw the monster being lit on fire as it fell down, and a person running towards Hyunsoo.

Minseo forced herself to get up and managed to do so, only to wobble and fall again.

That's when a huge truck came suddenly, hitting the monster and saving Mr. Ahn and Hyunsoo.

Minseo looked around helplessly and pulled her shovel towards her, using it to stand again. The front part of the car wasn't flat on the surface so she moved towards Sangwook and helped him get out, once she saw him struggle.

Sangwook got Yuri out and took her aside. Minseo saw Yikyung struggling with the monster and distracted him only for being hurt again.

Thankfully, Yikyung was able to fight the monster on her own, as Minseo fell unconscious again.

-

Yeongsu worried for Minseo and asked about her, as Ms Cha was giving everyone weapons to help the people outside.

Though, the outside got cleared for a while, thankfully no one else had to participate or get hurt.

As Minseo was brought back inside, she gained consciousness and the pain was bearable. She was in the same room with Yuri and Sangwook, and used this opportunity to clean Yuri's wounds a bit. Also treating Sangwook.

"Where are you going?" Sangwook asked.

Minseo stopped by the unexpected question and looked at him, "Washroom."

She didn't care if there was water or not, she wanted to be alone for some reason.

Mr Ahn almost collided into her as she stepped out of the room. She asked, "Are you okay?"

"You don't look okay at all," he replied, "You shouldn't be walking around."

She gave him a tired smile on return and continued.

"Tell me what's happened here and how Hyunsoo has been," she heard someone, she could recognize as Yikyung, "Tell me every tiny detail, everything."

Eunhyuk was silent before his eyes found Minseo's and his expression changed. He came forward and held her by the shoulders gently examining her. She was covered in blood and was obviously badly hurt.

"Why are you out like this?" He questioned.

"I can use the washroom right?"

"You need to get treated first–"

"But I'm fine," she stepped back, "It hurts, but I don't have any wounds. I'll be fine."
She limped forward, feeling both, Eunhyuk and Yikyung staring at her.

Imagine how shock everyone would be when they'll know the reality.

Sleep is all it was right?
So Minseo slept. Exactly where Hyunsoo was. In such situation, he was the only one who could've helped her –untangle her thoughts.

The previous words never left her mind. It was her voice. She was telling it to herself. But at the same time, it wasn't her. It was the so-called monster inside her.

And maybe what it said was right.
It had to be–

"What are you doing?" She heard Hyunsoo and opened her eyes take a peak, only to see Yikyung standing in front of him with a knife in her grip.

Yikyung was also previously asking about Hyunsoo from Eunhyuk, so Minseo decided to close her eyes again and pretended to be asleep.

"What was the first symptom?" She asked, "A nosebleed, passing out? When was it exactly?"

"What?"

"Try to remember. You must remember because it was the day you became a monster," she pushed again, "I heard it speaks to you. Did you hear it?"

"Yes," Hyunsoo sounded defeated.

"Have you even escaped from it? You have, right? How? ...Tell me!"

Feeling uncomfortable with the situation, Minseo turned, still pretending.

Hyunsoo looked at Minseo finally being aware of her presence and so did Yikyung.

"I just want to live..." Hyunsoo confessed. "Why are you doing this to me?"

"There were more people who tried to resist monsterization. The government carried out experiments on them to end this disaster," Yikyung answered.

Experiment?

"Was the experiment successful?"

"You should be asking me what happened to the people who were a part of the experiment," her voice was sad, "I ran into soldiers. They caught me actually. And, I told them about you... I, wanted to live too."

Minseo knew Yikyung was crying, by the way her voice crumbled in the end. She didn't stay for long and once left, Minseo finally opened her eyes and looked at Hyunsoo who was lost in deep thoughts.

"This is why," she said, gaining his attention.

"You heard?"

Minseo stood up and nodded.
She sat besides him, "This is why I'm scared. It's like I'm getting more and more reasons to–"

"I can understand you too, now," he sighed, "Like I said before, don't tell anyone. You're not wrong in your place."

Minseo didn't know what to say to him.
Don't worry
You'll be alright
It'll be fine
?

It wasn't going to be fine. Not at all.

She gently put a hand on his tensed shoulder and rubbed it slightly.

That's all I can do for now.