Chapter 17

"Is anyone hearing this?"

Suddenly, a very familiar voice was heard, announcing, "Is anyone hearing this?"

Eunhyuk.

"We're in despair right now…"

We are.

Minseo looked down at Yeongsu who was holding her hand.

"We don't know what to do, what's happening or how long we can survive this... But we're still alive."

Alive…
Trying to live,

"We can't overcome this despair, but I'm sure there's an end.
And we will hold out and fight until that end. We will survive."

Trying to survive.

By the time everyone reached downstairs, the clouds were roaring and and it was raining hard outside.

The rain Minseo always loved.

The rain which once used to help her feel at peace.

Residents were surprised to see her among the people who never came downstairs, but she didn't care.

The only thing that bothered her was Eunhyuk's curious and, a bit, irritated gaze.

After the rush ended, Minseo found herself away from everyone, away from a shelter.

She stood by the railing near the stairs and looked at rain. No matter how much she wanted to move forward and let herself feel it, she stood back and just watched.

"Why did you go up?"

A bit startled, but Minseo didn't look back. She sighed and kept quite.

"Minseo, why," he moved forward, "Why do you do this again and again?"

She finally looked at Eunhyuk who was now besides her. Her hand in her pocket, clenched.

Minutes passed in silence and none of them said a word. Though the silence wasn't uncomfortable.

"You love rain don't you," Eunhyuk started, "Reminds me of the first time we met, properly."

He wasn't expecting Minseo to respond, but she chuckled at the memory, "We were so awkward."

Eunhyuk smiled too, "Only for a while, though."

Even though Minseo and Eunhyuk already met when she again met Eunyu, their proper meeting would be considered when they met one rainy evening on the rooftop.

It didn't take long for the awkward moment to change into a discussion about medicines and health.

"Do you even remember what you asked me?" Eunhyuk revived.

"God," Minseo looked at her side, embarrassed of the weird question she asked him then, in hopes of trying to ease the atmosphere.

"My dad asked me what it was that day," she huffed, "I took our meeting as an opportunity and asked you instead."

Eunhyuk smiled and stared at Minseo as she looked ahead of herself.
She couldn't stop looking outside.
He couldn't look elsewhere either.

"Your dad…" hesitation laced his voice.
He didn't continue.

"...It's my fault," her hand went back to the small souvenir which was almost forgotten, "I should've have said that."

Tears brimmed her eyes and her brows furrowed, "We could've been together right now. He– he could've been here."