Chapter 24

"This is such an eerie place. How did Hyunsoo even manage to isolate himself in here..?"

"It's not easy."

Minseo turned to look at the door which was now opened, and Hyunsoo stood there.

He closed he door behind him and moved to sit besides Minseo. The only source of light being the small bulb in the room.

"I hated every second I was in here," he finished.

"H-Hyunsoo," Minseo hesitantly looked at him, "I'm sorry."

"How long has it been?" He understood why she was apologizing.

"I don't know… Having nosebleeds, and fainting sometimes, was so normal for me the last two months that I don't know when it really started."

"When did you find out?" He spoke slowly making Minseo less nervous.

"It's like -I knew there was something wrong with me, but I failed to acknowledge it." She played with her fingers, "I accepted the harsh reality the last time I went upstairs, in my home.
When all of this started, I came up, went down, without anything," she continued, "I got hurt. And after some time I was fine. I couldn't believe anything. But I didn't want to believe that I was turning either."

Hyunsoo nodded but didn't say anything.

"I'm sorry. I should've told no one but you."

"Why, me?" He asked.

"Because you were going through all of it alone. And would've understood me better than anyone," she sighed and looked at him, "I'm sorry for not having enough strength to tell this to anyone."

"No… What's…" he hesitated, "what's your desire?"

"My desire…" it sounded more like a question, "I don't know."

Silence took over again and they sat still, thinking about themselves.

"But, Hyunsoo," Minseo spoke up, "I -I think I should tell everyone now. Don't you think so–?"

He cut her off, "Why now?"
He didn't sound agitated, just curious.

"I was scared… I am scared. I'm sorry but," tears brimmed her eyes, "They will see me as nothing more than a monster," she took a deep breath, "Though we aren't one."

"Don't tell them–"

"I could've helped you. Made things easier for everyone by dividing the burden but–"

"No, it's okay," he placed a hand on her shoulder, "You kept quite till now because you're confident you won't change yet. I decided not to stay here too… So if you aren't yet ready, don't force yourself."

She paused for a moment and nodded, calming herself down.

"don't force yourself."

"Thanks," Minseo looked Hyunsoo in the eyes and sadly smiled, "I don't even know what to do at this point."

"No one knows what'll happen tomorrow." He smiled back slightly, "But I can I understand you."

-

Minseo had been worried about Dusik and after learning that he was fine and working again, she went to see him.

"Uncle," she smiled at him as he turned to her, his eyes widening. "How are you feeling?

"I'm completely fine. But what about you?" he left everything to see her.

She chuckled at his concern, her heart feeling warm, "It may not seem like it but I'm also fine."

"Why did you do that? Are you crazy?!" He held her hand with both of his.

Minseo shook her head, "Is trying to protect anyone claimed as crazy? I only did the right thing."

"How are your injuries?"
Eunhyuk entered the place and looked at pair of neighbors.

"This? I can't even feel a thing," Dusik replied, poking his leg, "I'm perfectly fine."

Eunhyuk looked at Minseo.

"I'm fine too," she replied, "just tired."

"The water tank has been contaminated," Eunhyuk got to the point, "I thought if we'll use it carefully, it may last around 15 days."

"That's a disaster, water is most important right now." Dusik's voice was again full of concern.

"So," Minseo interrupted, "What will we do now?"

-

Trying to go out was the only way left.

Minseo volunteered to help everyone in the market, dividing food and goods into different boxes and so.

They were interrupted when Seungwan, a resident, came to them and and stopped everyone, "Did you think I wouldn't notice if you ran away?" He eyed the boxes in front, "Give me my share," and started to hastily grab anything that he could get a hold of.

"Please, stop," Jaehwan told the man and pushed him back, "let's talk,"

"I can't trust anyone!" Seungwan pushed Jaehwan down and held a box cutter up his face in defense, "Don't touch me! I'll leave by myself."
He turned to Eunhyuk, "Give me the car keys." He moved forward when the boy didn't respond, "Give me, you fuckin–"

Though he was stopped on time when Sangwook came and pulled him back, giving him a punch on the face. He picked the man up and dragged him all the way to the blocked main gate of the building and dropped him there.
"Why don't you go out alone, then?" Sangwook suggested.

Seungwan shrieked, "You don't realize how it feels to have your own life in someone else's hand!"

"What's happening?" Mr Ahn asked as everyone had now came to the scene. He looked at the man ok the ground, "Aren't you ashamed to face the kids?"

"Does age matter right now?" He shouted, "We're all going to die anyways!"

"Not all of us," Mr. Ahn moved forward and bent down in front of Seungwan, "People like you who act stupid out of fear are the ones who die first… Get a grip! Take care of your own life!"

Everyone then gathered in the daycare to get updated on the current situation.

"We need to go out. We only have five days' worth of food," Eunhyuk explained, "We'll search the nearest convenient store first."

"Isn't it too dangerous?" Jaehwan asked.

Eunhyuk nodded, "We made some preparations; Mr. Ahn scouted the area and Mr Han is working on the car."

"Hang on," Byeongil interrupted, "Who will go, then?"

"It's an important mission, so the one who's most likely to succeed, will go."

Everyone eyed each other and then Hyunsoo. But Minseo looked at her lap and contemplated.
She must be the one going too, right. But how will she bring it up?

_

a/n:  a friend of mine asked me;  Who will be Minseo's love interest, Hyunsoo or Eunhyuk?
'cuz there is  ;)

First of all; What do y'all think?
(Because now I'm curious too)

Secondly; This isn't a love story. If it was, then I'd write the name of Minseo's love interest in the title, rather than writing Sweet Home.
There is emotion of love/like in the story but it doesn't play a huge role  :)