Chapter 14

"Will you leave him like this then?"
"Can someone explain why this is happening?"

Eunyu and Minseo, together came to the small group of people, immersed in a conversation about Hyunsoo.

Apparently he was also the destination Minseo was heading towards to.

Eunyu glare at the injured man who stood by the pillar, silently observing everyone.

"Is it because of the virus?"
"What if, it's the radiation?"
"Didn't you guys see the news?"

Minseo ignored everyone.

After a while of Hyunsoo and Seokhyeon being shifted to the gaming room for quarantine, she decided to check up on her friend.

She opened the part from which the residents had decide to provide the infected with food. Her eyes landed on the unconscious man and she scoffed at his sight before looking at the boy.

"Hyunsoo," he was lost in his thoughts when he heard his name being called. He got startled for a moment, that made Minseo giggle, "Come here," she motioned him to come to her.

He followed and came forward, starring at her like a lost puppy.

"Come on, don't look at me like this. I'm your friend right?" She awkwardly laughed as she brought it up.

"Hyunsoo," she sighed and turned serious, "Are you alright in there?"

He looked back at the man, pausing for a second and nodded.

"Sorry, I shouldn't ask this but," hesitation laced her voice, "I forgot to ask this before, are uncle and the kids safe?"

He nodded again, "Yes."

"What about that lady?"

"She survived. She's with the kids…
They were asking about you."

"Who…?"

"The children, especially Yeongsu."

"Really?" A smile stretched over her face and she remembered the young boy, missing him for some reason.

Hyunsoo had a small smile appearing on his face too,

"Bring noona with you."
His smile dropped when he remembered that promise.
Will he really be able to fulfill it?

"Hyunsoo?" He looked at Minseo as she glanced at her feet, "I-i'll have to go now, sorry."

"It's fine."

"Take care, I'll be back." And with one last assuring smile, Minseo left him alone with the gross man.

"…It's God's punishment."
"Yes, I agree,"
Minseo heard Eunyu and went to her.
"That's the most plausible answer I've heard so far,"

Minseo went to stand besides her but she remained looking at everyone, "Since we're all humans, no one knows… who will be next"

Everyone went silent over her statement and looked at her, some seemed serious, some were terrified.

Both the girls slowly walked away from the scene and once they were far enough, Minseo started to laugh, making Eunyu stop in her tracks, "What?"

"You scared them good."

Eunyu smirked proudly, "That's me!"

-

Yikyung sat all alone in front of the entrance gate, staring at all the things placed there for blockage.
She heard someone fake cough and saw Minseo standing near her.

When Minseo saw that the elder got aware of her, she moved forward and brought a tube towards Yikyung.
"You should use this," Minseo pointed at her own cheek to to let her know about the cut she had.

She stared at her silently, not saying a word, so Minseo sat besides her and put a little ointment on her finger, "Can I?"

She gave her slight nod, still unsure of Minseo's intentions, but the girl was genuinely concerned.
"Her fiance used to live here, but he died."
She saw how Yikyung was holding her ring that secured in a locket she had around her neck.
She even saw when Yikyung returned and punched Eunhyuk, quiet hardly.

Minseo slightly turned her face and applied it a bit over her eyebrow as well. She moved back and stood up as soon as it was done.
"Done," she smiled and silence coated them again.

Once she saw that Seokhyeon's wife was coming there, she left both of them alone.

Minseo sighed, keeping the ointment in her pocket as she made her way towards the washroom.

It was awkward back there with Yikyung. She didn't say anything making the young girl nervous but in these circumstances, everyone must help one another.

When she reached the bathroom, Jisu was already there washing her face, "Hi."

She looked at her and smiled in return, "Hey."

Well, things were better in there.
She started to wash her hand and face too.

"It's gross to see you act nice," Eunyu came suddenly and Minseo closed the tap, turning to look at her.

Eunyu was looking at Jisu and she internally felt thankful for not being the one she was saying that to.

"Do you think a freaking chocolate bar can cheer her up?" Eunyu snickered making Jisu huff, "You did that to make yourself feel better."

Not knowing what the matter was, Minseo quietly stood there without saying a word.

"Are you the crazy bitch here?" Jisu asked Eunyu, something which even Minseo didn't predict. "Go ahead, then. You crazy bitch."
She brought her baseball bat to place it over her shoulder, swinging it close to Eunyu's face as she slowly made her way outside.

Eunyu looked at her back disappear before she turned to Minseo who was also ready to leave, "You too."

She suddenly stopped and looked at Eunyu, "Can you stop smiling all the time."

Minseo stared at her confused because of the sudden criticism. Frowning, "Why?"

"I hate that you're smiling even when you don't want to!" She spatted and left in an instant.

Damn, what a nice way to let out your frustration!
Minseo chuckled in disbelief, eyes shifting, "Are you for real?"

a/n: so this was in my drafts for a while,
I was just so busy, didn't get time to post it.