Chapter 109

HARRY'S POV

I watched Draco breath his last breath and then his head fell to the side and his eyes went blank. He was dead. When I looked at Camilla, I immediately knew something wasn't right. Her eyes were squeezed shut and I realized she was remembering something. For about a minute straight, it was dead quiet. Then her eyes shot open and she gasped for air. "Cam! Cam- what happened? What did you remember?" I asked. She looked at me as tears poured down her cheeks. "Everything." she said. Then she looked at Draco.. She moved the hair from his face and gripped his blazer in her fists. She buried her face in his chest and began to sob. "I remember. I remember everything. I'm so sorry. I remember you. I remember us. Please come back to me. Please!" she sobbed. She pounded her fists against his chest and cupped his face. "Please, please. I remember. I do. I remember." she cried. There were footsteps and Ron, Hermione, Madam Pomfrey and Professor McGonagall came running up. They all froze at the sight of Draco's dead body. "Please, Draco. Please. I remember." she said as she cried.

She looked up at me and I pulled her into my arms. She sobbed into my chest and her tears hit me like bullets. I looked at Hermione and there were tears in her eyes. "Come on, Cam. It's time to go." I said. She shook her head. "I can't leave him." she said. Hermione walked over and knelt down. "Camilla, it's not Draco. Not anymore. You don't want to remember him like this." she said. Camilla looked at him one last time. She kissed him and stood up. She walked over to McGonagall and looked at her. "It was Nathan. He killed him." she said. Then she walked out. I ran after her and followed her down the stairs. She just kept walking. I caught up to her and she looked at me. "I'm sorry, Camilla." I said. She just stared at me. "How many more, Harry? How many more people are going to die?" she asked. "I don't know." I said. She buried her face in my chest and cried and cried. Eventually, her sobs were quiet. I just picked her up, bridal style and she laid her head on my chest. "I don't want to lose you too." she whispered. I nodded. "You won't." I said. I carried her all the way back to Gryffindor and I took her to my dorm. I laid her on my bed and sat down. She just looked at me. "The star. I remember." she said. "Oh, Cam. He lost a lot of blood. He could have been delusional." I said. "No. He wasn't. I remember. He told me about it." she said. I nodded. "He was named after a constellation. It looks like a dragon and Draco is Latin for dragon. That's why my-" she started. "That's why what?" I asked. "My patronus, it's a dragon." she said quietly. I paused and remembered that day during Dumbledore's army. "Harry, it doesn't change anything about how I feel about you, but Draco-" she started. "Camilla, it's ok. You don't have to justify your feelings. I know how you loved him but I also know you love me." I said. She nodded. Then there was a knock on my door. "You should get some rest, I need to go talk to McGonagall." I said. She just nodded. "Will you be ok? Should I get Ginny to stay with you?" I asked. "No. I'll be fine." she said. "Ok." I replied. I kissed her and then went to the door. When I opened it, Ron, Hermione and Ginny stood there. "I know." I said. They nodded and we went to go talk to McGonagall. This is going to be a long story.

CAMILLA'S POV

The second Harry closed the door, I stood up. I knew that they would have Narcissa come to the school to identify his body. It's protocol. I need to see her. I snuck out of Gryffindor and down the hall. People stared at me and I looked down. Then I realized there was blood, Draco's blood all over my hands and my dress. I ignored them. I went to the hospital wing and sure enough, Narcissa was there. She was crying and talking to Madam Pomfrey. I walked closer and I could hear them talking. "Where's my child?!" Narcissa yelled. "Mrs. Malfoy, I went to get a stretcher and when I returned his body was gone. I have no idea what happened." she said. "First my son gets murdered under this school's watch and now you've lost his body?!" she yelled. "I apologize but-" Madam Pomfrey started. "Mrs. Malfoy-" I said. They both looked at me and Narcissa froze. "You-" she said. My eyes filled with tears. "I'm sorry." I said quietly. "Where is he? Where's my son?" she said. I looked at Madam Pomfrey. "His body was taken." she said. My face dropped. "Nathan." I said in a low voice. Then I turned around and left.