Chapter 94

CAMILLA'S POV

He kissed me and I kissed him. I ran my hands through his hands and he pulled me closer. Then he pulled back. "We don't have to go any further," he said. I smiled and nodded. "Why don't you lay down and rest while I go fill everyone in? Then I'll be back and I'll stay with you." he said. "Ok. Thank you, Harry." I said. He nodded and pulled the blanket over me. Then he left.

I fell asleep before he returned.

The next morning, I woke up in Harry's arms. I watched his chest rise and fall and I couldn't help but smile. Then his eyes fluttered open and he smiled back. "See something you like?" he asked. I laughed. "Something I love." I said. We both sat up and he checked the clock. "It's the first quidditch game of the year today. Are you coming?" he asked. "Of course. Ron is playing too, right?" I asked. He nodded. "I'll go get dressed and meet you in the common room, ok?" I said. "Ok. Don't leave without me, I'm serious. Promise me you won't go wandering around the Castle without someone we trust." he said. I sighed. "I promise." I said. I stood up and started to leave and he grabbed my hand. "I reckon it must be hard. Ok? Feeling like you're being babysat all day but we have to do this. Nathan is dangerous." he said. I looked at him and nodded. "I trust you. If you think it's necessary, I'll do it." I said. He smiled. "Good. I'll see you in a bit" he said.

An hour later, Harry, Hermione, Ron and I were eating breakfast. They were talking about Slughorn's christmas party but my mind was preoccupied. I didn't want Harry to know. I didn't want him to know about the memories Nathan showed me. Nathan was right, I am damaged goods. And Harry, he deserves better. But I really love him and I don't want to lose him yet.

"Good luck today, Ron. I know you'll be brilliant." I turned around and a girl with blonde curls skipped away. "Who's that?" I asked. "Lavender Brown." Hermione said with a scowl. I just nodded. Then Luna came over. "I love your hat, Luna. Did you make it?" I asked. "Yes. It's to support the Gryffindor team in quidditch today." she said. I smiled. "It's brilliant" I said. "Thank you," she said. Then she peered over at Ron. "You look dreadful, Ron." she said. Then she turned to Harry. "Is that why you put something in his cup? Is it a tonic?" she asked. Then Harry held up a vial. Hermione's jaw dropped. "Liquid luck! Don't drink it, Ron." she exclaimed. I stared in shock as he down the juice. Then Ron was on fire. He jumped up, ready to go. And we won.

Later that night, the Gryffindors were celebrating in the common room. There was music, confetti and everyone was cheering for Ron. I clapped for him and Hermione was smiling. I looked at her and recognized that look. "You like him, don't you?" I whispered. She whipped her head to face me. "What? I- do- don't I- I don't!" she said. "Mione, you look at him the same way I look at Harry." I said. She sighed. "Yes" she mumbled. I hugged her. All of the sudden, Lavender Brown jumped up on the table next to Ron and kissed him. Harry, Hermione and I just stared. When I turned to console Hermione, she was gone. Harry and I left and went to find her. She was sitting at the bottom of an empty staircase with some birds. "Are you ok, Mione?" I asked. She sat down with tears in her eyes and Harry and I sat down on either side of her. I held her hand and she laid her head on Harry's shoulder. Then Ron and Lavender came running in and laughing. "Bloody hell" I mumbled. Lavender laughed. "I think these rooms been taken" she said. "What's with the birds?" Ron asked. Harry gave him a scowl. "Oppugno" Hermione said and the birds attacked him. He ran out and Hermione sat back down. "I wish my memories were gone." she said. I squeezed her hand and shook my head. "No, you don't." I said. Then we just stayed there. Together. Eventually, Hermione grew tired and we went back to our dorm. Then she cried herself to sleep. Ginny and I sat in her bed and didn't move. I knew she didn't want to be alone.

The next day, she put on a brave face and pretended to be fine. But I knew she wasn't. We all did. But I think it was easier for her to do this than fall apart. I can't judge. I'm keeping a huge secret from Harry just because I know if he knew he wouldn't want me and I can't bear that.

I know it's wrong to lie to him but I need him. I can't be alone either.