"Lottie." Rowan interrupts me.

I pause.

He stays silent for a moment.

Then he sighs.

"Please don't."

"Huh?"

"Don't put that in my head."

My whole body freezes a little, then my eyes shut because I realise, I am a fucking moron.

"I am sorry." I whisper. "I am being dramatic. I just feel bad about cancelling our plans."

"I know. But don't-." He pauses. "I'm sorry if you're genuinely worried, of course, tell me. But hell, it's not a good idea to just say that stuff to me."

"No I know. I messed up there. I will leave you be." I say. "I am sorry Rowan."

"Shush it's fine."

"Ah I feel terrible."

"Lottie." He laughs, sounding immediately cheered up and I don't even understand why. "Sutton is walking towards the car, you will have fun and I will get a lot of homework done, see perfect."

"You're doing homework?"

"Yep. Will be."

"Damn it."

"What?" Rowan laughs and I just sigh because I really need some help with a math sheet, but I feel like every time I see him I ask him for help and I don't want him to think I am only attracted to him for his brain.

Ha.

I smile a little.

This is weird.

"Lots." Rowan says into the silence. "Sutton really is close, we should say goodbye."

"Yeah okay. Goodbye."

"Good bye, I'll see you...?" He pauses and I hear Sutton get into the parked car, Rowan still on the phone and Sutton unaware that I am the one on the phone.

I don't think he has me on speaker, so his phone must be up to his ear.

"Soon?" I finish for him, starting to walk up to Scarlett's door and I knock on it.

"Yeah, see ya."

"Wait." I say quickly. "Did he get in the car?"

"Mhm." Rowan hums.

"Does he know you're on the phone to me?"

"Nope."

"Can't wait to see you." I say, my voice sweet, amused.

He breathes out a small, amused sound. "Yes."

I grin because the yes was awkward.

"You're not gonna say it back?"

"Nope."

Scarlett opens her door, smiling at me and when I look up, my phone to my ear and send her back a smile, she just opens the door wide and lets me in.

"I have this insufferable need to make you blush right now." I share and Scarlett gives me an odd look, just listening to my phone call.

"Well let's not do that." He says quietly.

"But it's hot."

"It isn't." Rowan mumbles.

"It is, watching you squirm is hot."

Scarlett screws her face up at me and I just send her a quick grin and walk in, heading to her kitchen where I can hear a few other people gathering.