↳ 24 ༉‧₊˚✧

CHAPTER 24 !
(July)

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞"ARE YOU NERVOUS?" I asked, keeping my eyes in the road

↠━━━━ღ◆ღ━━━━↞
"ARE YOU NERVOUS?" I asked, keeping my eyes in the road.

"A bit, but I love your family." She said giving my hand a small squeeze. "So it will be fun!"

I smile softly at her as I brought our interviewed fingers towards my lips, leaving a kiss on her knuckles, before laying our hands back on her lap. Her cheeks flashed a tint of pink at my action and that left a happy grin on my face.

I detached my hand from hers for a second before reaching towards the gear. I pulled it down, driving swiftly. My hand quickly came back to Kendall's, holding it tightly as I stroked my thumb over her skin unconsciously.

The way her fingers connected with mine was like two puzzle pieces fitting together perfectly. There was no gap. It filled each and every tiny little space, consuming them all. Like finding my way home, recovering what I was missing.

As I kept my eyes on the road, I saw in my side eye how Kendall reached forward and turned up the volume on the radio. "This is my song babe!" My girlfriend exclaimed as she began to loudly sing along.

"Oh I know darling!" I shouted back to get her over the music that was blasting through my car. I laughed at the scene. Seeing her so happy makes my heart flutter and I can't help but adjust my rear mirror so I can look at her smile.

AFTER AN HOUR-LONG DRIVE WE FINALLY DROVE INTO DOWNTOWN SANTA MONICA. That's where my parents moved after I finished high school and started working at the restaurant.

We have lived in Calabasas my whole life but when all of us kids were moved out, my parents decided to move away as well.

Me and my sisters have spent all of our summers here in Santa Monica since I was a little kid. The reason to that was because my grandparents lived here, but sadly they both passed away 3 years ago. I haven't truly gotten over the loss, but I believe all of us have moved forward and evolved form it.

"Do you remember when you brought me to meet you parent for the first time?" Kendall questioned, bringing me out of my thoughts. I replayed her question in my head before thinking back to the memory.

"Of course I do." I gave her a cheeky smile. "How could I forget. My family adore you and have been since they met you. They wouldn't shut up about you for at least two months."

I looked at her through the mirror and she was wearing a nostalgic smile, but then it fade away and become sad.

"You okay?" I knit my eye brows together in concern. She nods. "You sure?" I ask again before giving her hand a kiss like before.