...~CHAPTER 13~...

Wooyoung made himself comfortable on the high-stool chair, his legs positioned to be crossed over the seat.

His jacket dangled from the top rail and reached down which was able to conceal Wooyoung's legs from the back.

Before him was an empty chair that had a satchel occupying it, indicating that someone had taken it up already.

Said person was now heading towards their area, two drinks clasped in both hands.

They placed the beverages upon the wooden table and filled the space, scooting the chair closer.

"Do you come here often?" San inquired once he was settled in and slid one of the drinks towards Wooyoung.

Wooyoung nodded.

"I usually come here, most of the visits being that my two friends take me here to hang out. I do come here on my own accord at times though," He replied, sipping the straw after.

"You have two other friends?" San asked, taking a second pause to ponder over the words he had just spoken.

Wooyoung could see the screws operating in his friend's head.

"Ah, that seemed a little back-handed, didn't it? Sorry..." He muttered, ashamed of himself for asking such a question.

"I-it's fine, you don't need to be sorry..."

He wasn't affected by his comment, no negative emotions directed at it at all. Rather, he felt himself smiling slightly without the other's notice.

He hummed while drinking his lemonade, the liquid pouring down his throat and satisfying his taste buds immensely. The sugary beverage never ceasing to sweeten his heart.

A faint voice spoke in the background,
the sound reaching their ears from the ceiling; a TV was showcasing a live report of the murder case.

It so happened to be the same one from earlier, sending shivers down Wooyoung's spine.

He paid small attention to it, blocking out everything within his hearing range, too engrossed with his rising anxiety. He managed to catch some bits of the report.

"—weapon was identified as broken shards tainted with blood—"

More panic.

"—knife was also found next to the body with blood as well—"

Overbearing panic.

"—are now sampling the blood to identify the victim—"

"There are some people who believe the corpse belongs to the missing student.." Wooyoung blurted, his voice somehow steady despite the storm raging in his mind.

His eyes were glued to a random indoor plant from across the room. His hands were clenched together as his nails dug into his palms. He wouldn't be surprised if there was blood drawn.

"I've heard many things, including this. However, I don't have an interest in this murder case. Only that I feel sympathy and give my condolences to the victim and their family."

San admitted, his arms now crossed over the table and staring at the TV. It looked like he was in deep thought.

"I don't believe that speculation though,"

"And why is that?"

Wooyoung finally ripped his eyes away from the plant, his gaze now settled on San. His face was visibly pale as if he'd seen a ghost.

"They haven't informed us if whether or not it is the student, at least not yet for now. But as soon as word got out of this...unfortunate occurrence, assumptions have been going around.."

Guilt began to eat his insides along with regret, both pairing up to destroy Wooyoung mentally and it seems their goal has been successful so far.

San nodded as he listened to Wooyoung's explanation, drinking his iced tea at some point.

But then he noticed how much Wooyoung looked troubled, his concern for the male increasing.

"Wooyoung," San spoke, frowning when he flinched. "Do you wish to discuss something else?"

Wooyoung gratefully nodded on the verge of tears, not trusting his voice.

"What exactly do you want to do after graduating high school?" He leaned forward in curiosity.

Wooyoung wavered but still responded with tension.

"I-I wanted to move out of my parents' house and live in an apartment..and join a dance company.."

He twiddled his thumbs together as he waited for San's reaction.

He expected to be laughed at, just like how his parents, especially his father, did when he announced it to them.

They wanted him to be a doctor instead so he could attend to them when they grow sick. Free healthcare I guess...

What he didn't anticipate was San agreeing with him cheerfully.

"That's what I was intending to do as well! As much as I love being a part-time florist, I prefer dancing if I'm being honest.."

He grinned with his dimples revealed again.

Wooyoung smiled back just as thrilled feeling his heart warm up.

A/N

Whew, I've finally completed this chapter after many breakdowns, writer's block kicking my ass, and procrastinating.

I'm so sorry for you guys needing to wait so long for this chapter. I want to make it up to you by attempting to bring chapters our quicker.

My eyes are currently hurting a bit right now from finishing the last few paragraphs this past few hours-
But it's all worth it in the end.

Anygays, I would like to announce that my friend Woo_Melon has made a cover for this book which is the current one at the moment.

I love it very much and I hope y'all do as well :D So thank you for creating this cover and allowing me to use it 🥰💛

Moving on, I hope y'all have a wonderful night/day and please do not overwork yourself for it is not good for your mental health!

Stay hydrated and eat enough food! Get enough sleep (I should take this advice but no), and enjoy the rest of your time here on Wattpad-

🍬💨    💥🔫🤡