16|FRIENDS

|CHAPTER 16|

The carters-Friends

The carters-Friends.

My friends, real friends, better than your friends, yeah
That's how we keep popping out that Benz, yeah
For friends, real friends, better than your friends, yeah
That's them, that's them, they know all my business

I don't know what I would do without all of my crew, yeah
I ain't makin' no room, yeah, I ain't makin' no new friends
I don't make no moves, yeah, without tellin' my crew, yeah
That's just how we do, yeah, that's just how we do, oh
Goddamn it, I love my life, Styrofoam cups, no ice
Party 'fore we go inside
Never let 'em out my sight, they're right by my side
Them my ride-or-dies, them my ride-or-dies
My friends are goals, your friends are foes
We fly, why cry, our souls exposed, yeah
We smoke, we laugh, your stress, my stress
Closer than kin, I'm blessed, you blesse

~Lee~

*Till the end, you're my very best friend.*

It has been a week since I woke up from the coma. Betty is still on the run. I was told that she has someone helping her out and considering her health condition she wouldn't go very far.

She would have to communicate with her doctor, we were just waiting for that time to come.

The hardest part of it all was relieving the horrible times with Betty when I had to tell the police everything that went down in that house.

Blake's mum was by my side throughout the entire interrogation. I attempted not to cry but I wouldn't bottle it all up. I felt relieved when the interrogation was over, I was happy that someone else knew my story and that I was no longer carrying the burden of everything alone.

Someone else knew about it.

*****

I've been dwelling at Blake's house since I got discharged, and guess what? I'm presently using a wheeler to move around all thanks to Betty. It's not full time though I can go without the wheeler only for short distances. It's temporal untill my legs start working properly. My physiotherapy is working pretty well because I'm very determined to get back on My feet.

I had splintered my legs from the fall and I had a broken arm which is rejuvenating faster than I thought it would. I get disastrous migraines here and there but the doctor said that it was only natural because of the gusts that my head sustained from the blows to my head. I'm lucky to have even endured.

I found out who the mysterious 3 were.

They were my auntie and cousins from Dad's side, they have been trying to get in touch with me for the past 7 years and honestly, I can most definitely give Betty all the credit because she managed to conceal all this from me for seven good year's. I mean I had no idea that I even had other relatives.

Betty told me that my dad was an only child and that he had no relatives whatsoever and that his parents had died when he was in his younger years and for my mum, she played a facade to say they only had each other she and my mum. At this point, I think it was all a lie.

I also found out that my parents had left an estate for me.

Betty kept me because she was benefitting, I was below the age of 18. I couldn't make decisions considering the estates, she made the decisions for me. To think we had nothing, to think she had to toil her butt off to provide for me meanwhile I was providing for myself.

I was told by my lawyer that I can sue her for using my money on herself and she can compensate me, but I decided to just let it go. Even if I sue her, how is she going to pay me back if she's behind bars?

In as much as she was, you know Betty. She still kept an a roof over my head and I had meals from time to time. Okay, I can't rationalize her actions but I can't sue her either she was once an angel. I wonder where it all went wrong. Like I wonder.

***

I was not able to celebrate my birthday properly because well I was hospitalized and in pain, but of course, having such incredible friends made it worthwhile.

Leo also didn't celebrate his birthday. He refused to celebrate his birthday with me being hospitalized. I tried talking him out of it but well Leo being Leo refused to listen to me.

Carl has been coming around and honestly, he isn't such a bad person, I regret not getting to know him earlier. We can't take back time though. I have to enjoy now and forget the past, although the past will forever be a part of me.

Leo has also been so understanding we talked about what happened at his treehouse and we both agreed that everything about that kiss felt wrong. We agreed on keeping the best friend title and nothing more. He and Carl even settled their differences, Leo is fine with me dating Carl that's if we decide on taking that route but as for now, we're just getting to know each other.

Chelsea comes over whenever she gets the chance to. She decided to go back to uni but she asked her parents if she could study over here instead of Zambia her hometown and luckily her parents accepted.

Blake, Carl, and Chelsea have been a bit sneaky today though. It's like they're planning something and they don't want Leo and myself to know about it. I'm not complaining though because I'm enjoying my time with my best friend. Till the end, Blake and Leo will forever be my best friends that's for sure.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you lovies., mwah.

, mwah