3|CONFUSED

|CHAPTER 3|

~LEE~

I reach the hospital and spot Francesca in the waiting room looking distressed. I walk over to her and ask her what is going on. She hugs me really tight and starts crying, that worries me to the core.

"What's going on? Wheres Betty? Is she okay?." I pant.

She looks at me and more tears start flowing down her eyes. "Can you please say something." I demand.

"I- I received a call from the hos- hospital asking me to co- come here," she stammers.

"Then?" I question her attentively.

"Wh- when I got here, I found two police officers who asked me if I was related to Betty. I told them that I was one of her closest friends_" She starts trembling," a- and when I asked them what was going on they told me that Betty got into a road accident on her way to work."

"I- is she okay?"

"I don't know lee, shes been in the ER from the time I got here and no one seems to be telling me anything."

A doctor walks out of the ER and I walk upto him with Francesca following behind me. "Doctor is my Aunt okay?" I question him.

"Well miss?" He says in a questioning tone.

"LEE". I respond.

"Miss lee, your aunt faced a serious car accident which left her left arm paralyzed. She's very lucky to have survived the accident she was on the verge of getting TBI's that's why we took her to the ER for further scanning."

"What are TBI's?" I inquire.

" TBI stands for traumatic brain injuries, car accidents are a main cause of traumatic brain injuries which occurs when the brain is damaged by a blow or a piercing injury to the head. Each year 50,000 people die from TBI and another 80,000 to 90,000 suffer long-term disabilities, it's a miracle that your aunt only faced minor injuries and did not have any Serious injuries. "

"Woohh thank God!". Francesca and I sigh at the same time.

"But there's more." The doctor adds.

"In the process of checking if your aunt faced any Serious injuries, we took some lab tests and blood samples to make sure that everything was okay and the results came back positive for cancer. I'm sorry to tell you this but your aunt has melanoma cancer."