14|COMA

|CHAPTER 14|

Arch enemy- Behind the smile***

***

Sands of time
Running through my fingers
My life slipping away
And I feel nothing
Swallow the tears

Eat the pain - It's worth the degradation - Eat the pain

Behind the smile / I feel nothing
I reach out to touch, but I'm not really there

This reflection in the mirror
Can't reality be me
I see no connection
With who I wanted to be

~Lee~

I see a white light and I follow it, it keeps on becoming brighter the closer I get to it.

Ahead of the light, I see what seems to look like a female figure.

She is of average height, short petite, and voluptuous. I can tell all that just by looking at her from behind.

I move closer to try and get a closer look at who she is. The more I get closer the more she looks very familiar.

On instinct, I have a very intense feeling that I know her from somewhere.

She turns around to face me and I can't believe my eyes. She looks just like me but she has distinguishing features from me. Like how her body is curvier than mine, how her skin is a lighter shade than mine, how her hair is dark like mine but longer. I can't describe how her eyes are like the ocean, how her smile made me feel like nothing ever existed and how her existence at this moment made me feel like my world isn't falling apart.

My eyes slowly begin to become bloodshot, I feel water begin to collect at the bottom of my eyelids and my lips begin to tremble slightly and I take in a short intake of breath. My eyes become so puffy.

The female figure gets closer to me and hugs me. I can't believe all this. I begin releasing a couple of sniffles and tears begin to plunge uncontrollably.

"Mom, is that you?" I inquire with a cracking voice, more like questioning myself if I am seeing what I am seeing or if I am just hallucinating.

She doesn't respond and instead, she starts wiping off my tears with her palms. I can't believe any of the things that are happening in front of me. I feel like I am dreaming.

I dreaded this moment all my life. Having someone to wipe away my tears, someone to make me feel like everything is alright.

Right now I am living that moment.