2|NOTHING

|CHAPTER 2|

~LEE~

I woke up the next morning feeling tired. Perhaps it's because I hadn't eaten anything the previous night. I went to bed early last night to evade the emotional pain Betty was going to bestow me the second she walked through our front door.

I didn't see her come in because I was fast asleep. I don't think she even cared to check up on me. Okay, enough with all the notions I'm running late for class.

I check my phone and find 13 missed calls from Blake and a bunch of messages from Leo.

I choose to respond to them after taking an abrupt shower because I'd end up getting delayed for class because of all the yelling and berating I was virtually going to receive once I dial their digits.

They are probably upset with me and fretted because I didn't talk to them a whole lot yesterday.

***

I have caring friends, but I've never told any of them about my home situation. They think I live happily with Betty because of how I portray myself. Ever-smiling, if only they knew the emotional rollercoaster behind the smile.

The people with the brightest smiles hide the most distressing stuff.

I quickly take a shower and get out 10 minutes later. I am not in the mood for looking nice so I choose to wear a purple baggy T-shirt with shorts and black boots. I put on some light makeup and make a bun with my Durban locs. And for the final touches, I put on my favorite channel earrings and my mum's necklace.

I walk out of my bedroom and head for the kitchen to get some snacks or rather steal some snacks, but I am unlucky. I find Betty in the kitchen smoking a cigarette. I don't want to piss her off or go to school in a bad mood. I decide to head out, I tell Betty bye. But she ignores me. I'm positive that she's heard what I've just said but she decides to act ignorant.

My school is a 20-minute walk from my house. I take my phone out of my bag to check the time.
"Okay, I have like 30 minutes till class starts. Dang, it!! I haven't texted blake and Leo back, anyways I'll see them soon. No biggie." I say to myself.

I take out my earphones and start listening to music.

~20 minutes later~

I get into the school's entrance heading for my locker to get my books for my first class. I spot Blake pacing back and forth at my locker. "

Oh my God, I'm in dip shit." I mumble to myself. "Let me face the wrath of Blakeley mae Faith."

She sees me and starts coming my way.

"Hey blake," I exclaim.

"Don't even Blake me, why weren't you picking up my calls yesterday? I called you like 50 times."